Suggestions for CD/DVD shelving and LP Shelving??

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snood

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Staff member
What do you guys use or have or whar should Snood be looking at

Snood hasssssssssssssssssssssssssss a ton of CDS and a lot of LPs

Have a lot of Dvd-as and sacds and all tooooooooooooo

I have enough shelving for my cds.........and most of my LPs but.........

running out of room for all my multichannel stuff :mad:@:

Any help is much appreciated and thank you in advance :banana:

image.jpg

One day all people talk like Snood and Snood world domination will begin :rolleyes:

....begun by constructing a modern Tower of Babel which should provide adequate storage for one's physical disc collection [the sky's the limit] and inagurating "Snood~Speak" as the official Mother Tongue....and 'immortal' Kim Jong~Snood as our Supreme Leader.

Is there a POLL for this?

....begun by constructing a modern Tower of Babel which should provide adequate storage for one's physical disc collection [the sky's the limit] and inagurating "Snood~Speak" as the official Mother Tongue....and 'immortal' Kim Jong~Snood as our Supreme Leader.

Is there a POLL for this?

U may approach the Snood............. with your offerings :friday:

hopefully either rum or Wild Turkey :banana:

You guys are killing me....I need to do "something" with all my collection as well. While I do have a dedicated room for my equipment...not sure I want to give up additional space for a huge cabinet. Currently most of my collection is scattered throughout the house. lol All my CD's are in the basement. I guess all I care about are my LP's and blu-rays, SACD, DVD-A's.

You guys are killing me....I need to do "something" with all my collection as well. While I do have a dedicated room for my equipment...not sure I want to give up additional space for a huge cabinet. Currently most of my collection is scattered throughout the house. lol All my CD's are in the basement. I guess all I care about are my LP's and blu-rays, SACD, DVD-A's.

Maybe your priorities might change a little...you've discovered using CD's with good dynamic range can be converted...and let's face it...CD's hold the bulk of great content in music...the numbers dwarf any hi rez format...although LP's do hold some of the best sounding treasures...they are expensive and hard to find..in most cases...I've found myself giving CD's a new look...I've spent the last few hours researching a Japanese first pressing used CD(with scratches)that will cost me around $50...not a gold cd...not some special audiophile pressing...just a garden variety CD...because the DR numbers are so much better than newer releases...and there are people watching these discs...because they hate compression as much as I do...that's why I could care less when people complain about something not being a "true hi rez product"..it doesn't have to be 24/96..or DVD-A..or any of the so called preferred modes...just give me a good mix and mastering job and I'm happy...and IT must have some dynamic range...that's number 1 for me...a good mix can sometimes negate the compression...but not very often for ME...

Maybe your priorities might change a little...you've discovered using CD's with good dynamic range can be converted...and let's face it...CD's hold the bulk of great content in music...the numbers dwarf any hi rez format...although LP's do hold some of the best sounding treasures...they are expensive and hard to find..in most cases...I've found myself giving CD's a new look...I've spent the last few hours researching a Japanese first pressing used CD(with scratches)that will cost me around $50...not a gold cd...not some special audiophile pressing...just a garden variety CD...because the DR numbers are so much better than newer releases...and there are people watching these discs...because they hate compression as much as I do...that's why I could care less when people complain about something not being a "true hi rez product"..it doesn't have to be 24/96..or DVD-A..or any of the so called preferred modes...just give me a good mix and mastering job and I'm happy...and IT must have some dynamic range...that's number 1 for me...a good mix can sometimes negate the compression...but not very often for ME...

I agree 100%. Early 1990's RBCD's are fantastic. Run through great equipment including in my case a great external DAC, they are the bulk of my listening. And the weird thing a 2000 something remastered with extra tracks cost $18.00 and an old 1990 RBCD, first pressing cost $6.00. In my opinion the only thing that trumps an early pressing is a surround disc. And this is for the money. A stereo SACD at $35.00 is a bummer when you have to squeeze your ears and brain for a convincing and uplifting musical experience to convince yourself the new $35.00 was worth it. I will end with, of course, there are tons of discs where one version is better than any RBCD, but rock music my above statement is mostly true. Keep in mind this all comes from a guy who just purchased disc goop.

Sorry, forgot to stay on topic. After I rip RBCD's at home I have shelving at my work and I keep them there for the car listening.

Back