Suggestions for CD/DVD shelving and LP Shelving??

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is what you need from Ikea, the Gnedby (formerly known as the Benno):

15797380859_bd9295cd72_z.jpg

There are 12 such units in the photo. Each unit holds approximately 180 CDs (or SACDs). The shelves are adjustable.

Thank You soundboy - definitely looks koo.........might get a lil expensive.

Do you have then anchored to the wall in any way?

Essential with all that flatpack crap to fix it to the wall as most of it gets its strength and rigidity from anchoring it (and I am not slating the Benno's, I have several Ikea shelving things including a few of those Gnedby/Benno towers that have all done some years of sterling service..) if I were fussier about home decor I would go for a prettier/pricier solution, I also wouldn't have all of this electrical equipment on display and wires hanging out everywhere if the aesthetics mattered in my own home but that's a different story! :eek:

Thank You soundboy - definitely looks koo.........might get a lil expensive.

Do you have then anchored to the wall in any way?

A more cost-efficient way to get these CD racks is to cruise craigslist.org.

Each of the rack came with a L-shaped metal bracket that is screwed into the top of the rack and then into the wall. In my situation, since I live close to, if not right on top of, an earthquake fault, I went to Home Depot and got some sturdy plastic anchor for additional gripping power to the wall (sheetrock).

The worst thing about Ikea furniture is that you have to go into Ikea to get it! :yikes

Dunno about you guys but every time I go in there I feel like I'm living through the first part of Rush's "The Necromancer." You know, the narrative part that goes "Even now the intensity of his dread power can be felt, weakening the body and saddening the heart. Ultimately they will become empty, mindless spectres... stripped of will and soul."

I have a very different problem from everyone else. I live full time in a 32 foot class A motorhome with my three cats. So space is extremely important to me. I have ripped my entire CD collection to mp3s and I keep my 3000 most favorite songs on a flash drive the size of my fingernail plugged into my car stereo:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005FYNSZA?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_search_detailpage

I also have the entire collection on my phone, my mp3 player, my Chromebook and my laptop.

I just started collection surround sound discs and quickly ran out of space (thanks to someone on this forum I won't mention) so I decided to go to a binder to hold my SACDs and my DVD-A and Blu ray-A discs:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00DIHVM36?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_search_detailpage

I am going to get one for my concerts too. I keep the discs in order of how much I like them.

I have the IKEA unit for LPs:
133.jpg

And this I built for CDs and such (custom spacing to accomodate CDs, DVD-As, Blu-Rays, etc. as needed) - this is approximately 8 feet high by 4 feet wide, made from pine boards painted black, and screwed to the studs in the wall behind it for support:
131.jpg

View attachment 25073

And this I built for CDs and such (custom spacing to accomodate CDs, DVD-As, Blu-Rays, etc. as needed) - this is approximately 8 feet high by 4 feet wide, made from pine boards painted black, and screwed to the studs in the wall behind it for support:
View attachment 25074

Someone likes led Zeppelin :music

Those loooook pretty damn kooooo thanks for sharing - now Snood real jealous:howl

View attachment 25073

View attachment 25074

Very nice indeed!

I use two of these - between them they hold over 1500 CDs, at a cost of just over $200 total: www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000A0FXCK

The assembly is a bit rickety - you use plastic brackets to hold the shelves in place, and you need to pay careful attention to getting the height of each shelf right. But for the price it's hard to beat them.

I use two of these - between them they hold over 1500 CDs, at a cost of just over $200 total: www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000A0FXCK

The assembly is a bit rickety - you use plastic brackets to hold the shelves in place, and you need to pay careful attention to getting the height of each shelf right. But for the price it's hard to beat them.

Looks kooooooo toooo thanks :banana:

View attachment 25073

View attachment 25074

What brand of speaker is that? I have a fetish for speakers.... :)

Back