The All Jethro Tull Thread

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll play here. I came up with 15 favorites. Most are a lot different than what's on that published list. Not in any order.

Back Door Angels
Skating Away On the Thin Ice of the New Day
Cold Wind to Valhalla
Cross Eyed Mary
Farm on the Freeway
Wondering Aloud (full version)
Minstrel in the Gallery
Living in the Past
She Said She Was a Dancer
Thick as a Brick
A New Day Yesterday
For Michael Collins, Jeffrey and Me
Rocks on the Road
One White Duck/0-10 = Nothing at All
Christmas Song

Aqualung and Locomotive Breath have been permanently retired due to burnout.
Great List

Made it to #12 on US Billboard pop charts. These groups deserve to make some cash once in while with a pop song. Better than Guitarzan.(y)
Deliberately written as a pop song for radio. Bungle in the Jungle is a pleasant listen after all these years. I like it more now.
cheers

There are parts of Passion Play that I like quite a bet as well, but as a whole, it falls apart for me, unlike TAAB

Most disliked Tull song, Bungle in the Jungle
With ya on Passion Play. Parts of it are my most favorite Tull!
The tongue and cheek in Thick as a Brick was "Our song is 45 minutes long!" In Passion Play it was insanity level over the top complexity in the music.

That's kind of funny with Bungle in the Jungle. After the musical bootcamp of writing, recording, and performing Passion Play, their intentional attempt at simple pop came out with so much complexity in the music that it was still going to be interesting no matter what. Great verse! Intentional boring chorus and use of verse/chorus structure.

My top 10 list today:
Thick As A Brick (Cheating, I know. But I'm serious and it's technically one song.)
Just Trying to Be
Minstrel in the Gallery
Dun Rungill
We Used to Know
Wond'ring Aloud
Inside
SeaLion
Skating Away on the Thin Ice of the New Day
Baker St. Muse

It is a really good pop song, and excellent earworm material in 5.1 or otherwise.
:cool: Thick as a Brick Edit #1 no gap into the Bungle roar is one of my ear-worms since the '70's LP. M.U. rules.

I enjoy it on the Made in Japan for MCA Canada CD (MFSL sounds nice too without TaaB) ;):D
IZXxqIL.jpg

:cool: Speaking of good song lists. https://jethrotull.proboards.com/post/95112/thread
Set :1 Martin Barre Tupelo Music Hall Derry N.H. 5/11/24
Hunting Girl
Back To Steel
A New Day Yesterday
For A Thousand Mothers
We Used to Know
Eleanor Rigby
I Want You (She's So Heavy)
Cross Eyed Mary
Up To Me
My God
Thick As A Brick