The All Jethro Tull Thread

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know that most Tull fans don't like Under Wraps, but I just love it for what it is. And it's primed for the Steven Wilson surround sound treatment, just like the best bits of Broadsword.
I'm enjoying obtaining the booksets of these albums I don't know so well. I do know Crest of A knave quite well though and hope that gets the same treatment. Some terrific songs on it, doin' it Dire straits style.

For me, I felt the ground shake! Thank you Burning Shed! I was hoping this would happen. You can get the bundle or individually. I ordered the bundle. ❤️
Screen Shot 2024-07-18 at 3.41.54 PM.png

Too Old TV Edition is still on my radar.

Last edited:
I'm wondering (or is it dreading :unsure:) when the "Jethro Tull in Atmos!" reissue campaign will begin. Before or after the remaining 6 studio albums get the book set treatment? :p

Dreading might be the word 😜

But in this case, I'm 100% sure I wouldn't be buying these albums in Atmos again. To me, Tull's music has a strong "earthly" feel to it that makes Atmos unnecessary. I can understand the "need" for Pink Floyd or Yes in Atmos, but no so much for Tull. I'm very happy with the 5.1 mixes. As usual, YMMV.

I’m missing all four of these and Too Old to Rock n Roll. Burning Shed shipping for the four is 50 pounds, wonder if these will end up on Amazon?

I desperately need War Child for my collection. Is it the prevailing wisdom of this group that I jump on the Burning Shed opportunity or wait (hold out hope) for a US distributor?

I’m missing all four of these and Too Old to Rock n Roll. Burning Shed shipping for the four is 50 pounds, wonder if these will end up on Amazon?
I preordered War Child from Amazon UK for $61, including shipping to the U.S. and taxes. That's the best price so far that I've seen. If Amazon US picks it up at a competitive price, I'll cancel and switch.

I could be wrong, but I'm sensing, of the four, most people are keen on obtaining Stand Up? Why especially that one?
It is precious to those of us geriatrics who got in at the start.
Stand Up was the beginning of the classic line-up, when Martin joined.

Personally, the first five albums have more appeal than what followed TAAB. 😶‍🌫️

Back