The Best of The Doors Quadradisc - Which Label Do You Have?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which Label Variations do you own of The Best of the Doors?

• White Label with "New" Elektra Logo

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
:alienrob: (y) (y) (y) (y) :alienrob:

Jon and ALL, remember I told you TO LOOK GOOD, now look at Jon's label of the same one as the one below.
Jon label at : https://www.quadraphonicquad.com/WB.htm
The one below do NOT have the writing "Unless otherwise indicated" !!!!

Attachments

• another01.GIF
    another01.GIF
    47.1 KB · Views: 224
Last edited:
kvadro said:

Jon and ALL, remember I told you TO LOOK GOOD, now look at Jon's label of the same one as the one below.
Jon label at : https://www.quadraphonicquad.com/WB.htm
The one below do NOT have the writing "Unless otherwise indicated" !!!!
OK, Here's mine. But this is the side with the song that is NOT by the Doors. Flip your disc over and look again! :mad:@:

Ya know, when you look at it closely, you have to love the black butterfly label. It's a classic! :smokin

Attachments

• doorsblack2.jpg
    doorsblack2.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 206
JonUrban said:
OK, Here's mine. But this is the side with the song that is NOT by the Doors. Flip your disc over and look again! :mad:@:

Ya know, when you look at it closely, you have to love the black butterfly label. It's a classic! :smokin

That's was the trap !!! The thing when LOOKING GOOD was the Big white quadradisc logo that touch the catalog number on the copy I post, also playing with words "unless otherwise indicated" !!!!

JonUrban said:

Here's the same side as yours with 3 differences on this side

Attachments

• another01bb.GIF
    another01bb.GIF
    87.3 KB · Views: 194
This is merely an alignment issue of the printing. I think we are getting too involved on this one! The main thing is the label itself. There are many examples out there of misaligned printing! Frankly, if I were "collecting" labels, I would prefer one that is aligned properly as opposed to a "crooked" label!

I finally got my hands on the '80s version of this Quadradisc. Here are the scans to check out. Oh, and yes, it's still a CD-4 Disc, with the narrow tracks and all! :D

Attachments

• Doors Late Label Side One.jpg
    Doors Late Label Side One.jpg
    128.3 KB · Views: 130
  • Doors Late Label Side TWO.jpg
    Doors Late Label Side TWO.jpg
    130.1 KB · Views: 127
I wonder if the CD-4 carrier is still usable on these? Could the stampers have degraded over time? I doubt many folks were buying this LP for the CD-4 signal when this label appeared. I myself will be on the eBay lookout for this one! :D
Very true,,,,, I remember hearing from people that were involved in the recording industry that a person Had to keep track of the dreaded stylus wear or end up with No signal for the decoder to do it's magic

I have the red label issue, purchased from Columbia House circa 1977. Cat number 6E 5035. Still in VG to M- condition.

Very true,,,,, I remember hearing from people that were involved in the recording industry that a person Had to keep track of the dreaded stylus wear or end up with No signal for the decoder to do it's magic

Most of that "you will easily wipe out the carriers" stuff was a lie perpetrated by the matrix quad advocates. I have many CD-4 discs, most of them bought used and some not in the greatest shape but the carriers are still there.

Doug

Back