The recent and upcoming gigs thread

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IMG_1583.jpg

My first ever Red Rocks show! Joe Russo’s Almost Dead, a Grateful Dead Cover Band (for those who know the lineage: Joe Russo was the drummer for Furthur, of which the original members of The Grateful Dead left to start Dead and Company)

A fantastic show, but my legs are killing me.
Here’s the tape for those curious:

I never got to the Riverside gig a couple of weeks ago with my brother, 😢 as on my way there about a mile from home I pulled right, onto the main 'A' road and clipped the back of a van, after being distracted by one of those damn eScooters coming up the side of me (they are illegal on UK roads!) and so didn't look properly. So totally my fault ☹️ Luckily I had got eTickets so emailed it to my brother who went on his own, great gig apparently.

But on Tuesday going to see Paul Jones (on vocals, harmonica: ex-Manfred Mann, Blues Band) and Dave Kelly (on guitar: played with John Lee Hooker, Buddy Guy, Howlin' Wolf) for an evening of Acoustic Blues, 🙂 getting a lift with friends whilst the car is being repaired.

I saw the Chris Cain Band at Biscuits and Blues in San Francisco last night.
Grand re-opening last night after a 5 year closure, due to water pipe breakage from tenant next door, lots of legal battles and Covid.
Talked to owner and he thinks it's going to be a hard road back. Many touring Blues artists have died or stopped touring, or tour only in a small area. Plane flights have almost tripled in 5 years. Probably have to really focus on young Blues talent to build things back up.
My notes:
Happy that my favorite SF venue is back, looks good, bathrooms better, decor better, sound better.
Small menu food was all good. Chris Cain Band, terrific.
The biggest negative was floor staff, not enough and learning system. I actually was surprised they pulled off food and drinks as good as they did on an opening night. One bartender and two waiters, (need two bartenders and four waiters with one runner) kitchen looked best staffed of the bunch.
If you know anything about opening nights, they need time to get in a groove.

I wasn't there, but this looks like it was a fun evening. Trey Anastasio joins Billy Joel in NYC last night.

This was Billy's 149th lifetime show at Madison Square Garden. Next month's show, #150, will be the final show of the MSG residency. Who do you think he'll bring out as a special guest. McCartney? Springsteen?

And tonight: The Boss in Madrid! First time seeing him, going with my wife and son, looking for an unforgettable experience.
This is Bruce's first concert after having had to cancel the last 2 or 3 due to health problems, let's see how it goes. Praying also for good weather, there's a storm coming up.
Then, on Saturday, Status Quo. Not so excited about this one, I was given a ticket for free a a friend cannot attend.
On July Loreena Mckennit (she's always superb, taking also my son with me)
And finally (for now), David Gilmour on Oct 15th.
What a great year for gigs this one!

Neither recent nor upcoming but 38 years ago today I was at Giants Stadium for a truly amazing day. An incredible group of musicians that included Miles Davis, Joni Mitchell, The Police, U2, Joan Armatrading, Carlos Santana, Third World, Little Steven, Stanley Jordan, Jackson Browne, Lou Reed and Bob Geldof gathered to raise awareness of human rights on behalf of Amnesty International. One of the major highlights was Peter Gabriel's anthem to South African activist Stephen Biko. This concert was broadcast nationally. Within a month, Amnesty's membership had increased dramatically.

last night was the Alan Parsons (Live) Project at the Ryman Auditorium in Nashville, TN
after delays and cancellations due to COVID and back surgery, Alan and his band finally made it to Nashville TN
Before they played "What Goes Up" he mentioned the upcoming "Pyramid" box set and specifically mentioned the new 5.1 surround and Dolby Atmos mixes for (as he put it) "people with 12 speaker setups in their living rooms" (quote was something to that effect)

:)

Eagles will be band #4 at the Sphere.
U2
Phish
Dead & Company
Eagles.

I like your picture of how the Stones advertised there opener Widespread Panic.
I believe Zac Brown has also announced they’ll be playing there in 2025 but all I can find are assorted AI generated articles about them saying it. No dates were announced, just that they’ll be playing there so that’s band 5 at the moment.

Back