HiRez Poll Thomas, Ian - HOW WE ROLL [Blu-Ray Audio (Dolby Atmos)]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rate the Blu-Ray of Ian Thomas - HOW WE ROLL

Votes: 0 0.0%

• 1: Poor Content, Surround Mix, and Fidelity

• Total voters

sjcorne

Staff member
Please post your thoughts and comments on this 2024 release from Canadian singer/songwriter Ian Thomas entitled "How We Roll."
The CD/Blu-Ray edition from IAN Records contains a Dolby Atmos mix of the album by Vic Florencia.

The Dolby Atmos mix is also available to stream on all Dolby Atmos streaming providers:

IanThomas_Packshot_1.jpeg

(y):) (n)

Pre-release thread for all shipping/ordering queries and non-poll related posts:
https://www.quadraphonicquad.com/forums/threads/ian-thomas-new-album-to-be-mixed-in-atmos.35041/

I knew nothing of Ian Thomas and his musical style.
If this release is an example of Ian's work then it's a fine one.
Everything breathes quality in the song writing, the production and a truly wonderful Atmos mix.
Stefan Bocks fantastic mixing skills are used to the maximum on this release.
I repeat, the Atmos mix is soooo good đź‘Ť
An entertaining 10

Listened to the Ian Thomas blu-ray a couple of times this morning. The Atmos mix is terrific. I remember his Top 40 hit, "Painted Ladies" from 1973. When I started reading about him, I remembered he wrote "Right Before Your Eyes" which was covered by America and "Hold On" which was recorded by Santana. He reminds me of America a bit. Very enjoyable.

An exemplary immersive recording. Forward focused, well glued together sounstage, plus aggressive use of surround in ways that accentuate/compliment the music. The mix is dynamic, open and very well balanced. Musically, think Sting, America, Christopher Cross, Bruce Coburn. Intelligent pop, never saccharin. This is a reference disc.

Back