Toyah and Roberts Sunday Lunch

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For fans of Toyah, Christmas and hearing the same song in four different versions, this is available for pre-order...

out December 6, 2024
Toyah Christmas.JPG

• Cherry Red Records release a special 10” vinyl EP of Toyah’s 1982 version of the seasonal Greg Lake classic ‘I Believe In Father Christmas’.

• Originally recorded for inclusion on the ITV special Pop Goes Christmas, the track features Toyah Willcox (vocals), Joel Bogen (acoustic guitar) and Keith Hale (keyboards).

• Newly remastered from the original master tapes, the EP also includes three previously unreleased variations unearthed from the archives.

Side One includes the main version and the backing track that enables Toyah’s evocative backing vocals for the track to be heard clearly. Side Two features an alternate vocal, a more authentically ‘live take’ from the November 1982 session at the Marquee Studios) without additional overdubs and backing vocals. An Instrumental version completes the EP.

The limited edition 10” EP is pressed on snow white vinyl and protected by a festive red die-cut inner sleeve embellished with the Toyah logo.

The EP is housed in a newly designed colour jacket featuring fantastically festive and relevant period photography from the 1982 television programme the track was recorded for.

All EPs come with a colour Toyah Christmas Card (with a rare image of Toyah) in a throwback to the annual Christmas cards posted out to members of The Intergalactic Ranchhouse, the official Toyah fan club ran by Safari Records.

TRACK LISTING

Side One

1 I Believe In Father Christmas
2 I Believe In Father Christmas (Backing Track)*

Side Two

1 I Believe In Father Christmas (Alternate Vocal)*
2 I Believe In Father Christmas (Instrumental)*

*Previously unreleased

Last edited:
Back