Tropical Storm Debby Update: Mandrix and Snood are both okay

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow! That's super beautiful. I've never seen a back yard pool with a terraced design like that. I think 'm seeing it right. You must have a really nice place over all.

What is the vertical pipe between the window & bird house for?
Yes its terraced as I had to build it off the ground to get up to patio height, and you want a few tiers at different heights for plants - a friend said it was a good idea as they have a huge pond (about 10x mine fed by a natural spring) with sloping sides and not that easy to maintain without at least one wet slip-up!

The pipe is for waste water outlet from the bath & sink in the bathroom, the far white pipe is from the condensing boiler. The box is a bee/insect hotel, there are actually four (one out of shot) full of solitary & masonry bee nests :)

We don't get venomous water snakes over here, but the friends had a young grass snake (when young they live by ponds) in theirs and it ate all the newts and frogs in it!

Probably drains more money at the moment than buying Atmos discs :whistle:, hopefully I'll have finished it and have it fully planted by the end of next summer.
And dare I say, what is that floating in your pond, Dunc?

Fun floating Gnome garden ornaments, perfect for a fun ornament on your ...

Yes its terraced as I had to build it off the ground to get up to patio height, and you want a few tiers at different heights for plants - a friend said it was a good idea as they have a huge pond (about 10x mine fed by a natural spring) with sloping sides and not that easy to maintain without at least one wet slip-up!

The pipe is for waste water outlet from the bath & sink in the bathroom, the far white pipe is from the condensing boiler. The box is a bee/insect hotel, there are actually four (one out of shot) full of solitary & masonry bee nests :)

We don't get venomous water snakes over here, but the friends had a young grass snake (when young they live by ponds) in theirs and it ate all the newts and frogs in it!
I don't have any venomous water snakes on my property, too dry. But I do spot the rare Coral snake, which is much more deadly. Chances are even if you'll live after being bitten, and then only if they can life flight you to a facility that has the anti-venom.
We do, of course, have rattlesnakes. But I haven't seen any in years, save a 6 ft one about 15 years ago, though we had a cat get bit by a huge one once judging by the separation of the fang marks. The 6 ft rattler got bit by a few .38 rounds and died a twisting turning death.
Cat lived as the snake did not inject venom, but lots of nasty germs. After a few transfusions she was good as new.

Back