U and indeed 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Patrick Cleasby

400 Club - QQ All-Star
Since 2002/2003
I have just received the broadest of hints from somebody high up in Universal that something is afoot with the Irish superband and SACD. Anybody know anymore?

I wouldn't be surprised, as Joshua Tree and another U2 disc were apparently in the pipeline at HDS the year that Brad Miller passed away..

Dave.

Excapt outside the U.S. where it's definitely SACD only as far as Universal are concerned. Amazon seem to have pre-listed Rattle and Hum, Achtung Baby and Zooropa, no details, and no response to my attempt to get a confirmation from Universal.

The Amazon listings look like mistakes; no official details in the listings whatsoever and the catalog numbers are of existing CDs. One review sounded like a DVD video was being discussed instead of anything SACD or SA-CD. I posted a "review" asking if the listing was an error....

I took the comment at face value and put in my rumor section for DVD-A and I now wish this scoop was a lot stronger than it is.

Back