Van Halen Mobile Fidelity SACDs now available for pre-orders

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
looks like this one will ship soon

Van Halen - Women and Children First​

SACD

$29.99

Sku: UDSACD2245​

Quantity
Preorder
Definitely getting this one, as I did the first two. Although personally I hope Rob LoVerde does this one. I think the second album came out noticeably better than the first one by Shawn Britton...

I am definitely getting this one but I will not pre-order based on Music Direct’s past history of waiting years for a pre-order. When they say in stock then I will be pushing the order button.

What about mofi I thought I ordered from them once when the last ones without problem. Do you guys have problems ordering directly from them?

What about mofi I thought I ordered from them once when the last ones without problem. Do you guys have problems ordering directly from them?
The problem is pre-order release time, not whether it is Music Direct or MOFI. Maybe they will correct the problem this time but they are going to have to prove it to me first before I pre-order anything from them.

Haha very fair.

I misunderstood .

I guess I didn't realize it was one of those situations. I don't like to pre-order months and months and months in advance of a "maybe release" I just couldn't remember which if either company did better.

so will it change from the pre-order status to now available or something and send out an email what's the best way to find out? Thank you

For what it’s worth...

I used to pre-order from MoFi until it was pointed out that MoFi products would ship through Music Direct. What I found over time was that my MoFi website orders seemed to ship a bit slower than the same product via Music Direct. (Am I right in understanding that MoFi is under Music Direct or there’s some sort of direct relationship?)

So while new MoFi titles normally show up on their site first, I now make MoFi pre-orders on the Music Direct site and haven’t had problems for the past couple of years getting released pre-orders quickly. Others may have a different experience.

When it comes to pre-orders of series (like Van Halen or Eagles before that) I only preorder the next one in the series. That way, I’m covered if there’s an immediate sell-out on a popular title on release. I don’t think that happens too often, but a pre-order of a title in a series I’m pretty sure is coming doesn’t bother me.

Using the 5 Stages of Grief as a guide, I’ve cycled through to Acceptance when it comes to the time between a MoFi pre-order announcement and a shipping announcement.

What I won’t do any more is pre-order a whole series. With Van Halen, Music Direct originally put up all the titles through 1984, but later pulled them down and decided to list them individually when they were closer to shipping. (“Closer” being a relative term with MoFi products.) So my W&CF pre-order was made a while back and, because of a listing snafu, Fair Warning, too. I won’t pre-order Diver Down until Fair Warning is released.

And then I’ll be horribly impatient waiting for 1984.

For what it’s worth...

I used to pre-order from MoFi until it was pointed out that MoFi products would ship through Music Direct. What I found over time was that my MoFi website orders seemed to ship a bit slower than the same product via Music Direct. (Am I right in understanding that MoFi is under Music Direct or there’s some sort of direct relationship?)

So while new MoFi titles normally show up on their site first, I now make MoFi pre-orders on the Music Direct site and haven’t had problems for the past couple of years getting released pre-orders quickly. Others may have a different experience.

When it comes to pre-orders of series (like Van Halen or Eagles before that) I only preorder the next one in the series. That way, I’m covered if there’s an immediate sell-out on a popular title on release. I don’t think that happens too often, but a pre-order of a title in a series I’m pretty sure is coming doesn’t bother me.

Using the 5 Stages of Grief as a guide, I’ve cycled through to Acceptance when it comes to the time between a MoFi pre-order announcement and a shipping announcement.

What I won’t do any more is pre-order a whole series. With Van Halen, Music Direct originally put up all the titles through 1984, but later pulled them down and decided to list them individually when they were closer to shipping. (“Closer” being a relative term with MoFi products.) So my W&CF pre-order was made a while back and, because of a listing snafu, Fair Warning, too. I won’t pre-order Diver Down until Fair Warning is released.

And then I’ll be horribly impatient waiting for 1984.
If you monitor the Import CDs site, they actually give the release dates for the preorders, which neither MOFI or Music Direct (or Analogue Productions) ever do. MOFI still hasn't filled the backorders for the SACD version of VH II by the way...

Back