Zappa - Apostrophe (50th anniversary set out in Sept!)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For those of us who are Atmos-deprived, is it definite that this set includes a 5.1 mix? I don't see that explicitly stated in the official product listing for Apostrophe, unlike Over-nite Sensation. The Zappa Store just says that Apostrophe's Blu-ray contains hi-res formats, Atmos and the original quad mix. That same wording is what I see in all the retailers I've checked, including Burning Shed.

Once you early birds start receiving your copy, can you confirm if there's a 5.1 mix on the Blu-ray or not? The Zappa Atmos mixes don't seem to render well on my (very old) 5.1 system, they're very rear-heavy, whereas the 5.1 mixes are nicely balanced on my rig. Thanks.

I think it's just because I'm in Canada that I get such notices. ImportCDs always send stuff to me days before the official release date, but you guys in the US will get your copy before mine eventually arrives.
It's good to know they got copies and are actually going to be shipping this release on time.

For those of us who are Atmos-deprived, is it definite that this set includes a 5.1 mix? I don't see that explicitly stated in the official product listing for Apostrophe, unlike Over-nite Sensation. The Zappa Store just says that Apostrophe's Blu-ray contains hi-res formats, Atmos and the original quad mix. That same wording is what I see in all the retailers I've checked, including Burning Shed.

Once you early birds start receiving your copy, can you confirm if there's a 5.1 mix on the Blu-ray or not? The Zappa Atmos mixes don't seem to render well on my (very old) 5.1 system, they're very rear-heavy, whereas the 5.1 mixes are nicely balanced on my rig. Thanks.
Good news! I'm soaking in the 5.1 right now!
Screenshot 2024-09-10 at 3.15.31 PM.png
Screenshot 2024-09-10 at 3.16.03 PM.png

Yes, that's why I do it, so people who ordered from ImportCDs know they have copies that are shipping.
Just got my importcds notification a short while ago, so delivery is now imminent. :devilish:

[9/11/2024 followup -- tracking was added and confirmed shipped/moving through usps system with delivery about 1 week by media mail]

[9/14/2024 followup -- package received]

Last edited:
Back