HiRez Poll Zappa, Frank - APOSTROPHE [Blu-Ray Audio (Dolby Atmos)]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rate the BDA of Frank Zappa - APOSTROPHE

Votes: 0 0.0%

• 1: Terrible Content, Surround Mix, and Fidelity

• Total voters

rtbluray

Hi-Res Moderator
Staff member
QQ Supporter
Please post your thoughts and comments on this brand new reissue of Frank Zappa's classic album "Apostrophe".
This 50th anniversary edition includes a Blu-Ray audio disc that contains brand new Dolby Atmos and 5.1 surround mixes along with the original 1970s Quadraphonic mix, available again for the first time in 50 years!

(y) :) (n)

81gQqlb0WRL._SL1500_.jpg

61iEPfyuLdL._SL1080_.jpg

Definite 10 for me. I first listened to the Atmos mix (through my 5.1 set up) and absolutely loved it. Adventurous and discreet and sonically just beautiful. Highlights were the Yellow Snow suite and Stink-Foot, both of which make full use of all the speakers, but the other tracks are great too. Currently listening to the quad mix and this is a significant upgrade over the quad transfer DVD-A that I’ve been listening to for years. That transfer always sounded pretty flat to me but the Blu-Ray has been mastered to perfection. As for the rest of the package, I’ve only listened to the Colorado show and, outside of the surround content, that performance alone makes this set worth every penny. Can’t wait to check out everything else but I am already a happy Zappa fan! Keep em coming!!

Last edited:
Back