External Blu-ray Player Recommendations for Ripping Blu-ray discs

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ah yeah I do get your point loud and clear & I dont want no more mickey mouse hardware like the Nolyth I rushed into buying Christ what a crok o sh1t that one turned out to be
But I so hate these grasping companies with their outlandish subscription demands - for example I think I saw it right that PowerDVD's subscription price was €79 per year fer Jaysus sake !?! this just to support the playing of a BluRay disc ?!?
Get outta that garden Cyberlink, ye titterin' chancers!
On a brighter note today I asked a guy I work with about all this support software hassle and he is sure that both the last XBox out & most of the Playstations play BluRay discs without any bother with subscription software gonna get me one o dem if a nice setup box cannot be got

Ah yeah I do get your point loud and clear & I dont want no more mickey mouse hardware like the Nolyth I rushed into buying Christ what a crok o sh1t that one turned out to be
But I so hate these grasping companies with their outlandish subscription demands - for example I think I saw it right that PowerDVD's subscription price was €79 per year fer Jaysus sake !?! this just to support the playing of a BluRay disc ?!?
Get outta that garden Cyberlink, ye titterin' chancers!
On a brighter note today I asked a guy I work with about all this support software hassle and he is sure that both the last XBox out & most of the Playstations play BluRay discs without any bother with subscription software gonna get me one o dem if a nice setup box cannot be got
I already told you that you can BUY the PowrDVD player without a subscription. They do have subscription models, but I don't use them.
I paid about 69$ US for PowerDVD Ultra.

I already told you that you can BUY the PowrDVD player without a subscription. They do have subscription models, but I don't use them.
Yeah I just laid eyes on that option (same price - 69 in Euros)
I still think its a tad too high a price for what it does ...
No yknow I understated that - its downright exploitative a price is what it is
Where are they going to be, the goddamn carpet baggers, when you have any problems and youve shelled out the guts of $70

Anyhow thanks Mandrix for that heads up but Ive given up on external hardware altogether and am hunting now for a Pioneer/Panasonic Bluray set top box or nearest equivalent that I can find

I've yet to come across anything that VLC won't play, but I haven't tried Blu-ray rips/images. Menus aren't important to me as long as the video/audio works, though.
I can play the BR rips with VLC, but the disks themselves cause issues. The software throws an error that it can't find some metadata library it's looking for. DVD discs seem to work fine.

I recently paid under 5 euros for PowerDVD Ultra 20 without a subscription, and the offer is still current. I find it particularly useful for playing Blu-ray and DVD discs, and of course it handles ISO and other files well.

I recently paid under 5 euros for PowerDVD Ultra 20 without a subscription, and the offer is still current. I find it particularly useful for playing Blu-ray and DVD discs, and of course it handles ISO and other files well.
I'm confused... If you paid €5.00 for Power DVD Ultra, what's the subscription for?

I can play the BR rips with VLC, but the disks themselves cause issues. The software throws an error that it can't find some metadata library it's looking for. DVD discs seem to work fine.
Yep thats right then theres another vlc extension to b put somewhere in the vlc folder
arragh all that rigamarole it makes me feel like Matthias in the Life of Brian
"Im an old man my knees are tired my eyes are bent ... my nose is knackered"

Back