How are you ripping your ATMOS Blu Rays?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok, so I read this thread 3x and I can be dense. But 7.1 playback is just that and the overhead Atmos channels get mapped side surround? Or am I doing something wrong? I ripping via MakeMKV then extracting the audio via MMH. TIA

What output format are you extracting to?

If you use MKV, mka, mp4 or m4a the Atmos stream is preserved and can be decoded via Passthrough by your AVR (As Atmos if your AVR has an Atmos decoder, or 7.1 if your AVR has a TrueHD decoder or 5.1 I’d you have a AC3 decoder).

If you use FLAC or WAV only the Atmos 7.1 core is decoded to PCM so you lose the Atmos metadata and will hear everything in the Atmos mix redistributed to 7.1 if you have a 7.1 system or 5.1 if you have a 5,1 system, with your system remixing the 7.1 to 5.1 losing no information (rears merged with sides).

What output format are you extracting to?

If you use MKV, mka, mp4 or m4a the Atmos stream is preserved and can be decoded via Passthrough by your AVR (As Atmos if your AVR has an Atmos decoder, or 7.1 if your AVR has a TrueHD decoder or 5.1 I’d you have a AC3 decoder).

If you use FLAC or WAV only the Atmos 7.1 core is decoded to PCM so you lose the Atmos metadata and will hear everything in the Atmos mix redistributed to 7.1 if you have a 7.1 system or 5.1 if you have a 5,1 system, with your system remixing the 7.1 to 5.1 losing no information (rears merged with sides).
That was my issue - using WAV. I did a trial run using the MKV file extension and voila!!! Now I have to fix 59 album rips! Luckily, I am still in possession of 56 of them. Thank you very much.

When doing the audio extraction, is there a way to run it where it puts the files in a folder? Can I run multiple files at once and it automatically groups it into folders? Thanks

Back