Listening to in Dolby Atmos Streaming [Classical edition]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think this is the first atmos release that I seen from Eudora. 20th-century flute and guitar works
Within classical music, guitar and flute is my favorite combo of instruments.

Reactions: mkt
I always like the sound of a string quartet, especially crunchy cello/viola like on Grounded "Earth"

Some pentatone releases that I had not noticed before
And the complete René Jacobs/B'Rock Orchestra Schubert cycle starting with this one

Some pentatone releases that I had not noticed before
And the complete René Jacobs/B'Rock Orchestra Schubert cycle starting with this one
Thanks for starting this thread and keeping it alive, @mkt! I like Matt Haimovitz, so will look forward to checking out this new one. That Jacobs/B'Rock cycle got some pretty harsh pans (I was considering buying the SACDs when they showed up at Berkshire, and decided against), but I'll always listen to Schubert--especially for free!

If you like organ in surround (I am meh), here's 7 hours of Bach

I am the opposite of "meh" when my listening room becomes a reverberant cathedral with a Bach organ program.
Volume 1 & 2 are on Apple as lossless stereo.

Notes from Presto Music:
https://www.prestomusic.com/classical/products/9595044--opus-bach-vol-3-organ-works

It is finished. Peter Kofler’s grand Bach passion has reached its sonorous finale. Only six years after its inception in 2017, the native of Bolzano finalizes his complete recording at the four-manual Rieger organ of the Jesuit Church of St. Michael’s in Munich.

Not only has this ambitious project set entirely new standards in recording engineering, but simultaneously it connects the spirited joy of a historically informed approach and the tonal possibilities of modern organ building. For – unlike other complete recordings of Bach’s organ works – this one does not rely on historical organs, but utilizes a single modern instrument – namely the organ that has been Kofler’s musical home since 2008, so rich in colors that he himself describes this richness as almost inexhaustible.

Kofler takes advantage of this fascinating range by tirelessly contriving ever fresh combinations of sounds and register, which perfectly unfurl and reinforce the character of every single piece. The final CD – number 16 – ends with a track in radiant D major, the very essence of joy and gratitude in Kofler’s Bachian cosmos.

I am the opposite of "meh" when my listening room becomes a reverberant cathedral with a Bach organ program.
Volume 1 & 2 are on Apple as lossless stereo.

Notes from Presto Music:
https://www.prestomusic.com/classical/products/9595044--opus-bach-vol-3-organ-works

It is finished. Peter Kofler’s grand Bach passion has reached its sonorous finale. Only six years after its inception in 2017, the native of Bolzano finalizes his complete recording at the four-manual Rieger organ of the Jesuit Church of St. Michael’s in Munich.

Not only has this ambitious project set entirely new standards in recording engineering, but simultaneously it connects the spirited joy of a historically informed approach and the tonal possibilities of modern organ building. For – unlike other complete recordings of Bach’s organ works – this one does not rely on historical organs, but utilizes a single modern instrument – namely the organ that has been Kofler’s musical home since 2008, so rich in colors that he himself describes this richness as almost inexhaustible.

Kofler takes advantage of this fascinating range by tirelessly contriving ever fresh combinations of sounds and register, which perfectly unfurl and reinforce the character of every single piece. The final CD – number 16 – ends with a track in radiant D major, the very essence of joy and gratitude in Kofler’s Bachian cosmos.
Some recordings on this playlist that I had not seen before, in particular the Anna Lapwood.

Also available for download in 5.1 at eclassical
Thanks for the eclassical suggestion, I'm tempted to buy the series. How is the surround sound mix? Is it... cathedral-like? I don't have a way to stream it to sample it right now.

Thanks for the eclassical suggestion, I'm tempted to buy the series. How is the surround sound mix? Is it... cathedral-like? I don't have a way to stream it to sample it right now.
I think the Amos is definitely more immersive and the 5.1 (which I did buy) is more in front of you with modest contributions from the surrounds. I

Back