4 more Quadio titles coming in May 2024!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ordered Joni (a bit reluctantly), Hot Tuna and Seals & Crofts. That got me over $100 to save on shipping and I also used the discount code. I figure I may pick up the other two quadios in the future when I need something to push me over $100 but I really don't care about either artist.

I ordered the entire bundle from Rhino. The discount code worked for 15% off.

I have never heard of Donny Hathaway at all before and I haven't even sampled it on YouTube, so am going in totally blind on that one. All part of the fun IMHO!

I'm not overly stoked about Hot Tuna (I've heard it before, but absolutely nothing sticks in my mind). I am looking forward to Roberta Flack and Seals and Crofts, even though both offer up more soft rock. We are becoming overdue for some more rockin' titles from both Rhino and DV!

Last summer I ordered a CD-4 copy of Roberta Flack off eBay. The copy received was just stereo. The seller refunded the entire cost and I got to keep the LP. Condition wise, despite the cover being in mint condition the record would rate as VG. If you know about "Goldmine" record grading VG stands for Very Good, however it actually means Not Very Good. I made a digital copy of it and was able to almost perfectly clean up all the ticks and pops. My point is that I found it to be an excellent album overall. I'm looking forward to it the most, despite my having ignored it back in the day.

So much to order! More Quadio's, another Quadio Box Set, Atmos/5.1 BluRays, wow.

Thinking back the the feelings of helplessness we had when the 2010 Quadio program was killed prematurely, then the 2 year delay on the Doobies Quadio Box (so many thought it would never happen), and the sad announcement from AF that the BS&T GH SACD would not have the quad tracks and that they were winding down their quad program and eventually their company, and NOW.................

Who predicted this for 2024??? Even the most positive fan has to be pinching themselves with the abundance of surround stuff that's out there now.
And truth be told, most of our fortune now is the result of a very dedicated Rhino foraging for titles who is clearly one of "us"! :SG
It's been an up and down roller coaster ride for sure to get where we are now. And Foraging getting in there and actually penciling in a real release timeline and schedule that materializes, who else would of? Not only getting these things to market, but how many company insiders would share with us what is in the tape library so far as unissued quad masters, and what appears to not be there? That is going beyond the call of duty, as many others would of said well "that's not open for discussion at this point." But now knowing that certain titles that got a cat # are not found in the vault is for me so much appreciated. We don't have to expend the time/energy in fantasyland talking about future Quadios that are an impossibility.

Thanks for the tip! This is the easy way to avoid getting double taxed!
The only thing is that you will have to wait. The last batch plus the Joni box set all show up as pre-orders.

While It is an inconvenience to be double taxed you just fill in the form attach the invoice that shows the tax paid and will be totally reimbursed including the handling fee. Rhino should address this problem. Perhaps they should attach the invoice placing it inside one of those clear adhesive documents envelopes.

The customs refund request is on the back of the Postal Import Form, just fill it in! Check the "Other" box.
Scan-240503-0002.jpg

CC24WMX15 Code doesn't work for me as I have used it twice already.
I got that code when I emailed them complaining about splitting shipments for the second bundle.
Any other working code around?

CC24WMX15 Code doesn't work for me as I have used it twice already.
I got that code when I emailed them complaining about splitting shipments for the second bundle.
Any other working code around?
Have you read this thread, like the last day or so? Lot's 'o tips 'n tricks in there in regards to codes.

Since I am still waiting for delivery of the Joni box I ordered and paid for on April 18th, I am hitting "pause" on future Rhino Store purchases. As much as I want to add this new batch of Quadios to my others, I am going to wait until the dust settles after the initial order frenzy dies down before I place my order. I don't know why it is so difficult for Rhino to process and ship out these online orders, but hopefully, waiting for a lull between their major quad releases will yield a better result.

Ordered new 4 disc Quadio bundle, Pre ordered new Little Feat and new Seal.
Free shipping and promo code CC24WMX15 worked just fine.
I also ordered, but like a few, the code didn't work this time for me. Yes, I tried all the tricks...nada. It's OK, it worked for previous 3 bundles.

I received my second package today which includes "Machine Head" and "Jagged Little pill". The tax and handling fee owing was $28.64 on this shipment. I had to run back to get the yellow bordered top copy as the clerk had kept it as well as the second copy. The back of the top copy has to be filled out to get the refund. I'll be sending away for my two refunds first thing Monday morning.

By shipping as two packages the Post Office add their "Handling Fee' of 9.95 to each separate shipment. Now they (CBSA) will have to refund that in addition to the HST. I can guarantee that even though I'm sending both refund requests together with a single invoice the government will send out two separate cheques in two separate envelopes. Inefficient or what! I wonder if the Post Office has to return the "Handling Fee" to CBSA as well?

I'm passing on the 4 new QUADIO's, maybe come back for Roberta, Tuna but the others would be seldom played, just my taste. Instead, I put money with Joni Box, Fleetwood and The Doors. Yes, it was also def a financial choice, it does come into play. Dreaming for Eagles Box new surround mixes 1st album and Desperado, The Quad mixes of "On The Border", "One Of These Nights", Steely Dan Box and that dam Atlantic Crossing by Rod Stewart, my wishes.

Last edited:
Back