4 more Quadio titles coming in May 2024!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Now we all get to chirp about when our orders will ship.....

So, I wonder when my order will ship? :censored::hi:LOL:
There have been times previously when shipping did occur yet no notice / tracking was provided (until much later).
Even if all of my Rhino orders lately have topped $100, I'm still going to relax and not expect much just yet.

But yeah, they really know how to rattle our nerves over simple web orders don't they. Is your replacement Joni box on the way now?

There have been times previously when shipping did occur yet no notice / tracking was provided (until much later).
Even if all of my Rhino orders lately have topped $100, I'm still going to relax and not expect much just yet.

But yeah, they really know how to rattle our nerves over simple web orders don't they. Is your replacement Joni box on the way now?
Joni replacement arrived yesterday, in excellent condition.

Now we all get to chirp about when our orders will ship.....

So, I wonder when my order will ship? :censored::hi:LOL:
Ten days. Thats my guess. And then they’ll send all four to you in two parcels. One FedEx next day and the second USPS slow boat which will take approx a week to reach you. Rhino = doing great things but whoever outsourced their fulfillment operations needs to be let go.

IMG_6402.jpg

Three days from ordering to delivery, can't beat that! This is all new material for me. I'm familiar with some of the Deep Purple music via osmosis, but probably not most of it or the Quadio discs.

I'm burning in a new pre-amp [that sounds amazing out of the box] and after I get some burn-in hours on it, I'll audition these in stereo and quad :SG

View attachment 105319
Three days from ordering to delivery, can't beat that! This is all new material for me. I'm familiar with some of the Deep Purple music via osmosis, but probably not most of it or the Quadio discs.

I'm burning in a new pre-amp [that sounds amazing out of the box] and after I get some burn-in hours on it, I'll audition these in stereo and quad :SG
AMAZING assortment of classic music from the 70's.
I can't wait to have mine sitting in front of me with Joni Mitchell's quad mixes as well.

Shipping notices yesterday for Joni and the bundle. Haven’t heard about the Doobies. And I’m getting a handful from Edison Baggins. Expensive month for me already.
I feel you on the expensive month bit! I discovered a vendor on fleabay with some of the OOS/OOP Quadios, and other multi channel and HTF discs, and made a large purchase with them. Each disc or set I purchased was listed as used, like:

Paranoid (Quadio) [Used Very Good Blu-ray]​

Yet every single item was brand new and unopened, yet sold as used w/second hand market pricing. Odd, but I'll take it!

There is a good article on the resurgence of quad called "The Forever Half-Life of Quadraphonics" by Tom Fine
For those who haven’t seen this piece, it was finally published on Stereophile’s site earlier this week. Pretty cool to see they included a link to the article I wrote last year about ‘70s quad mixes on optical media in one of the footnotes.

There is a good article on the resurgence of quad called "The Forever Half-Life of Quadraphonics" by Tom Fine, with quotes from Mr. Woolard @ForagingRhino himself, along with mentions of the great output by Dutton-Vocalian and Sony Japan.
I got a link to the article and put in a comment about QQ, so maybe we'll get a few new folks to the four-ears world.

WHAT A YEAR IT IS SHAPING UP TO BE AND STEVE WOOLARD [FORAGING RHINO] AND THE HARD WORKING CREW @ RHINO ARE TO BE CONGRATULATED FOR RELEASING THESE TREASURES FROM THE WEA VAULTS IN SUCH PRISTINE SONICS and for creating NEW ATMOS remixes!

And since it's ONLY May ..... I have a distinct feeling the BEST IS STILL YET TO COME!
Well it will be tough to top Joni Mitchell, Black Sabbath, Deep Purple, that Randy Newman album and War's monster hit record.
But at the same time I think they are pacing the releases out nicely so that some of the best is yet to come. We've not yet been served up a previously unissued title. Can't wait for that. There is still more gold and platinum albums with hits included, and there are more interesting cult type quad things.

Received my Quadio/Atmos shipment today! Even though they were sent in a larger box with packing paper inside, the padding was only on one side, there wasn't enough of it, and the items were not secured from sliding around. So, I still got one cracked case (corner of front below hinge). Gnarlywood really need to up their packaging game. Kudos for the combined shipping of eight releases, though.

Received my Quadio/Atmos shipment today! Even though they were sent in a larger box with packing paper inside, the padding was only on one side, there wasn't enough of it, and the items were not secured from sliding around. So, I still got one cracked case (corner of front below hinge). Gnarlywood really need to up their packaging game. Kudos for the combined shipping of eight releases, though.
Sorry to hear that J.Joker, I get that kind of packaging a lot from Amazon and other places as well. 'Packing 101' should be taught with shippers to pad "ALL" sides!

Back