5.1 BD!! "Electric Lady Studios: A Jimi Hendrix Vision" 3CD/1BD box set (Experience Hendrix/Legacy) (3/25/2022)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes at this point any speculation is founded. Fact is do we trust those promo discs? Or if we leave them will we ever touch a proper box set copy -with LPs or CDs either-?
So I'm tempted but I been scammed so many times so....... Undecided!
Honestly, I'm thinking that the case might be for this set is that whatever initial production was made will be released (likely fulfilling earlier preorders), but the set will not be available for purchase. That would expand the weirdness for how there's an expected date preorders will ship, but the actual Amazon page and whatnot are not available.

Another point of weirdness is that Atmos mixes were produced for First Rays of the New Rising Sun. Why is that when the release has been in limbo for so long? I can't even make much of a guess. Maybe another set will be out with the Atmos mix, too? Or maybe the Atmos mix was planned earlier for streaming before the whole set got delayed? Keep in mind that even two years ago, Atmos was not as big as it is now. I can imagine the Atmos mix is being left off of this blu-ray because of that reason alone.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/387100589626

Now down to $15.96 with coupon code.
What are you waiting for?

RWDWTNSWEN​

1718906980189.png

I ordered one at the coupon price this morning. It's being shipped now
Delivery date is next week so some of us will find out soon.
Could the official release be held back for an atmos mix?
Is the AI Jimi Hendrix writing new songs for a new album?
For 20 bucks I'm in for this joke or scam who knows...

I wouldn’t buy this, because eventually a regular release should come out at some point. I found this on eBay for over a thousand dollars, if this is what we’re talking about:

1718938263290.jpeg

1718938304043.jpeg

I wouldn’t buy this, because eventually a regular release should come out at some point. I found this on eBay for over a thousand dollars, if this is what we’re talking about:

View attachment 106741

View attachment 106742

For $20, I might get the surround tracks and video documentary three months early.

I still want the full box, but anybody here who complains about box sets with unwanted books, stereo CDs, or, god forbid, vinyl LPs would be glad to get his hands on one. ;)

https://www.ebay.com/itm/387100589626

Now down to $15.96 with coupon code.
What are you waiting for?

The discount coupon did the trick for this seller, the remaining 8 offered above sold, no more stock available.

The seller in Cudahy I ordered from currently shows 32 sold, more than 10 in stock at $19.95, free returns within 30 days.

Just noticed that pic of the back cover. The description made it sound like it was the documentary only which is the downplay of all downplays! The CDs/vinyl in this set is just work in progress mixes and outtakes as kind of a behind the scenes "making of" addendum. The 'worst' Hendrix outtakes and work in progress are still gold, mind you! But these and the doc are the addendum and the bluray of 5.1 mixes is the centerpiece.

An official promotional pre-release having the centerpiece of the set? That kind of makes it look sus, doesn't it.

This is all pretty crazy to watch!
I've listened to a bit of the stereo and as you say, it's Jimi and sounds good. Unable to hear the 5.1 as my system isn't up and running though listening to isolated tracks it sounds okay to me. Unfortunately $20 US means $60 AU but I bit anyway

I've listened to a bit of the stereo and as you say, it's Jimi and sounds good. Unable to hear the 5.1 as my system isn't up and running though listening to isolated tracks it sounds okay to me. Unfortunately $20 US means $60 AU but I bit anyway
That means you confirm that's a genuine copy? Thanks

If one was sitting on a copy of the box from that dumpster find, selling copies that you can play dumb and say you also just found might be less potential trouble than selling obviously pirate rips of the bluray. Let's see if that '20 available' resets, right? I'd guess the copy is a genuine copy of the 5.1... but I guess you'll find out!

Just... when was the last time you saw an advance promo literally give away the main surround program from a bluray that is the centerpiece and exclusive to the expensive box set?

If one was sitting on a copy of the box from that dumpster find, selling copies that you can play dumb and say you also just found might be less potential trouble than selling obviously pirate rips of the bluray. Let's see if that '20 available' resets, right? I'd guess the copy is a genuine copy of the 5.1... but I guess you'll find out!

Just... when was the last time you saw an advance promo literally give away the main surround program from a bluray that is the centerpiece and exclusive to the expensive box set?
I know this all sounds suspicious but we'll hear soon from the first of us receiving it

Like you, I'm optimistically suspicious. Looking closely at the back of the slipcover, I'd say these are from an initial run and it's possible they got put into the trunk of an employee's car versus the dumpster where they were intended. They may be tossing the original stock in lieu of whatever ends up on the Fall 2024 release. I've seen silliness like this with past music (and fashion) items, they'd rather eat the cost to produce than allow the market to get watered down or a flaw/error to get distributed, etc.

Like you, I'm optimistically suspicious. Looking closely at the back of the slipcover, I'd say these are from an initial run and it's possible they got put into the trunk of an employee's car versus the dumpster where they were intended. They may be tossing the original stock in lieu of whatever ends up on the Fall 2024 release. I've seen silliness like this with past music (and fashion) items, they'd rather eat the cost to produce than allow the market to get watered down or a flaw/error to get distributed, etc.

I agree.
History records these box sets were pressed in 2021.
Amazon accepted pre-orders in January 2022.
Then the estates of Mitchell & Redding filed lawsuits against Experience Hendrix, and here we sit today.

There is no doubt warehouse stock that's been sitting around for almost three years.
Both the vinyl and CD versions include the blu ray, so there had to be a substantial production run of those particular discs.

Folks love to construct fantastic conspiracy theories.
I don't suppose anyone has tried to message the sellers to question the provenance?
Would a reply have any credibility?

I can't imagine some small-time baseball card & novelty eBay seller is involved in counterfeiting a few dozen blu rays and selling them for peanuts.

This kind of commerce has gone on since the dawn of human history.
"It fell off the back of the ox cart."
"I found it in the trash." ;)

I don't care at this point, my shipping label is printed.
I want the seller to get them to the post office, pronto!
:51QQ

What idiot would throw a bunch of new BRs in a dumpster and then what are the chances of someone happening to find them.

Back