5.1 BD!! "Electric Lady Studios: A Jimi Hendrix Vision" 3CD/1BD box set (Experience Hendrix/Legacy) (3/25/2022)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not as far as I know?

I checked the official sites and there's nothing on them about this set. It seems it's only just popped back up.

https://www.legacyrecordings.com/

https://www.jimihendrix.com/news/ab...-electric-lady-studios-a-jimi-hendrix-vision/

The https://imusic.co/ listing says: "In case cover and title do not match, the title is correct" so, it's possible it might have a had a redesign following the rights disputes but the imusic.co site still attributes it to the Legacy Recordings label.

Abramorama have the global theatrical rights to the movie on the Blu-ray disc, but that could be separate from the rights disagreements that stopped the box set from being released the first time around. I don't know any of the background to that; I'm sure there are other members who have better information on that than I do.
But now having the standalone blu-ray is killing the anticipation and excitement for the full set😁🥱😆

But now having the standalone blu-ray is killing the anticipation and excitement for the full set😁🥱😆
To be honest I only want the Blu-ray. The rest of it is just more stuff to have to try and find a place for. I have all my DVD-A & Blu-ray Audio discs in a disc wallet and all the cumbersome boxes etc. are packed away in storage. 🤷‍♂️

To be honest I only want the Blu-ray. The rest of it is just more stuff to have to try and find a place for. I have all my discs in a disc wallet and all the cumbersome boxes etc. are packed away in storage. 🤷‍♂️
Well already others here pointed out the faults of this release, with an upmix and some omitted tracks that could've been included; and apart from the blu-ray we will get a book I guess and vinyls, well those can be interesting if cut well... Well I'm still interested in the set but once we finally have a standalone disc, NO! we still want the books and the packagings or we're not happy 😆

But where he says it's a promo?
Looking at it again, it's possible he might mean he bought one on eBay, not that he received one from the manufacturer.

He might be hinting that it's a bootleg with the quotation marks around the word "Promo".

I guess it's ambiguous.
Promo.png

Reactions: PK
But where he says it's a promo?
Looking at it again, it's possible he might mean he bought one on eBay, not that he received one from the manufacturer.

He might be hinting that it's a bootleg with the quotation marks around the word "Promo".

I guess it's ambiguous.
View attachment 107656

It may be ambiguous, but there's no mystery where "promo" originated.
See my post #324 in this thread, from June 20.

The original eBay listing from the seller in Wisconsin used the word "promo" in his description.
Visible in the second line of the description below.
"2021 Promo Blu-ray w/ Slipcover NEW"

I have been trying to for nearly a month to wake up this forum to the fact this is the genuine article.

Confirmation from a score of satisfied members here who are happily enjoying it.

This guy continues to offer these for sale.
Bought a second copy today for a friend on his mercari listing, already have a USPS media mail tracking number.

☮️ :hi

1721095641575.png

Looks like the delivery date is the same that Amazon e-mailed to me back in May -Sept. 13th.
Which allows us to get an idea of how long the release date has been kept (mostly) under wraps...

As for those standalone discs, why are there so many promos flying around? Is that typical?

Which allows us to get an idea of how long the release date has been kept (mostly) under wraps...

As for those standalone discs, why are there so many promos flying around? Is that typical?
I wonder if the promo release was deliberate as it was way back in Jan 2022 (when @5.1 4 Life started the thread) that we first got to hear about it, and dripping promos onto the market has stirred interest up .................. well amongst us surround & Hendrix fans anyway :LOL:

How many times have you seen a promo disc for a set that literally is an exact duplicate of the full main bluray disc that is the centerpiece of the whole set? When have you ever seen an early promo that contains the entire full release? Someone either found the batch of the actual main bluray discs that were to be disposed of or did a short run of a copy themselves. More likely the former.

I'm not suggesting in any way that this copy isn't genuinely the real thing. It clearly is. Or it's a clone... I mean the content is bit for bit the real thing. I'd guess writing "promo" in the description (it's not anywhere on the disc or sleeve) was some CYA. If someone working at a bluray duplication house got wind of an order to destroy a whole batch of just pressed discs from corporate, it would look a lot like this.

The tracks on the 5 albums or 3 CDs are bonus tracks for the set, if that wasn't clear. These are various working mixes and outtake mixes for a "behind the scenes" look at the work in progress. I don't know anything or anyone. This is just from listening to everything. The files kind of speak for themselves.

Someone might want to speculate that this is a partial copy because there are no stereo tracks. My guess is intentional omission with that. Playing the original stereo mixes next to this puts the fidelity on these remixes to shame. Likewise, stereo remixes with the same issues wouldn't be a good look next to the originals either. So they focused on what they had with these still very welcome 5.1 remixes and then gathered all the working and scratch mixes to help tell the story of the recording sessions.

From a cursory glance, I'd imagine these are the Blu-ray from the cancelled set that somehow found their way out the back door. But I don't have a copy in hand, so I'm just going by what people are saying about it.

Also...don't shoot the messenger, but, it seems it's disappeared again: https://imusic.co/exposure/20305/electric-lady-studios-a-jimi-hendrix-vision-box-set- :confused:

To be honest, if I can't obtain an original copy, I'll take a bootleg. I paid hundreds of pounds for damaged copies of Aqualung and Minstrel in the Gallery just to get my hands on the DVD-A discs and now they've been re-printed I could pick up either for about £35.

I only want the multichannel discs; they go into a CD wallet and everything else goes in a card board box and into storage.

When I posted to the forum to say how much I'd spent buying Aqualung people were horrified and a couple told me they could have just forwarded me the files.

I think it's a shame that this stuff isn't out there for people to listen to, if they want to, and that there are people on the forum who scour eBay to get whatever bootlegs that might pop up deleted; I think it's a bit mean-spirited.

Last edited:
Okay count Me In I don't want to miss out even though I'm ordering the Box just in case it doesn't come out or gets delayed who knows how much thank you everyone for sharing the Blu-ray at least that's something. Hopefully it'll be here not too long. I'm not even probably really certain I can be set up to play it properly right now but I don't care I'll do it eventually and at least I'll get to hear my sweet Jimi music at some point.

From a cursory glance, I'd imagine these are the Blu-ray from the cancelled set that somehow found their way out the back door. But I don't have a copy in hand, so I'm just going by what people are saying about it.

Also...don't shoot the messenger, but, it seems it's disappeared again: https://imusic.co/exposure/20305/electric-lady-studios-a-jimi-hendrix-vision-box-set- :confused:

To be honest, if I can't obtain an original copy, I'll take a bootleg. I paid hundreds of pounds for damaged copies of Aqualung and Minstrel in the Gallery just to get my hands on the DVD-A discs and now they've been re-printed I could pick up either for about £35.

I only want the multichannel discs; they go into a CD wallet and everything else goes in a card board box and into storage.

When I posted to the forum to say how much I'd spent buying Aqualung people were horrified and a couple told me they could have just forwarded me the files.

I think it's a shame that this stuff isn't out there for people to listen to, if they want to, and that there are people on the forum who scour eBay to get whatever bootlegs that might pop up deleted; I think it's a bit mean-spirited.
Yes I'd say get yourself a copy, the blu-ray is 100% genuine

I wonder if the promo release was deliberate as it was way back in Jan 2022 (when @5.1 4 Life started the thread) that we first got to hear about it, and dripping promos onto the market has stirred interest up .................. well amongst us surround & Hendrix fans anyway :LOL:
Good Question!!

I'm not even probably really certain I can be set up to play it properly right now but I don't care I'll do it eventually and at least I'll get to hear my sweet Jimi music at some point.
With a blu ray player you can watch the excellent documentary film in stereo.

The audio tracks only play in 5.1, if you're not set up for that, surely you are working on it?
Giddyup, cowboy! 🤠

1721251871392.png

Last edited:
Back