5 More Vocalion Surround SACD Releases - Earth, Wind & Fire, O'Jays, Harold Melvin & Blue Notes, Miracles, Helen Reddy (Jan 2020)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Im still waiting for my December six also..... :(

I think Im going to limit myself to just two of the new batch for now, maybe Michael will slip another one in. Cant say Im a fan of Reddy but quad has a way of changing your mind.....

So Adam how long is your bicycle ride to Watford to pick up your new order?

Holy Hell!!! My next paycheck just flew out the window, came back to hurt me some more and flew off again. I'll never get caught up at this rate. I am SO in for Helen Reddy. It'll be nice not to have to hear my hissy tapes on my temperamental machinery. My LRS is really gonna miss me for a few months with this lot and the last. At least my Oppo won't go hungry or unwanted. Might have to set up a bedroom multichannel set up just so I can find the time to hear them all.

Wow! So many great releases now! That old O’Jays SACD is very good, so looking forward to these!

I was so disapointed that MFSL, on one hand made a great stereo remaster BUT didn’t include a surround on That’s The Way Of The World, probably my favourite EW&F album. Now I get to hear it!

o_O Wow, I hadn't looked at QQ for a few hours and suddenly there are some great Soul releases from DV :cool: I'll have to order them when I get back from my business trip to sunnier/warmer climes! Its funny 20-30 years ago I'd have gone its not the Isley Brother's or Stevie Wonder I'll give them a miss, now its wow got to get them! One gets soul(-ful) as one ages?

6CRDDxu.jpg

The Helen Reddy "I Am Woman" is amazing. A great recording, sonically and content wise. Was highly praised back in the day by the audio press as her greatest album.

Last edited:
I’ve now got a total of 14 DV releases on the way-:love:
Uh, but sorry, couldn’t bring myself to spring for Helen Reddy :rolleyes:

Well, Dutton can't fault you for being a disloyal customer, Pup. Until a year or so ago, I would've given Helen Reddy the same cold shoulder--I figured endless choruses of "Delta Dawn" sung by the neighbor girls on my school bus in 1973 were enough to last me a lifetime. And then I had occasion to do some research about her and rediscovered what a class act she was--and how funny and professional and uncompromising--and what an interesting life she's led, and how she made a point of promoting other young songwriters...and I came around!

I placed an order for 6, Gene, and requested PRIORITY s/h and in US currency: $112.91!
Nice Ralph! I didn't do Priority, but I did do tracking. Just makes me feel a bit better. :) These are some really nice titles. I really think the future is BRIGHT, big time for Dutton. I cannot wait for the surprises....

Back