HiRez Poll Alphaville - FOREVER YOUNG [Blu-Ray Audio (Dolby Atmos)]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rate the BDA of Alphaville - FOREVER YOUNG

• 10: Terrific Content, Surround Mix, and Fidelity

Votes: 0 0.0%

• 1: Terrible Content, Surround Mix, and Fidelity

• Total voters

rtbluray

Hi-Res Moderator
Staff member
QQ Supporter
Please post your thoughts and comments on this brand new Blu-Ray Audio edition of the classic album "Forever Young" by Alphaville, which features a Dolby Atmos mix of the album.

(y) :) (n)

81M2XEYoPiL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

As pointed out elsewhere, this is not part of the SDE series nor exclusive but I decided to order from Paul all the same. Glad I did.
Likely the fastest delivery ever by SDE.
Less than a week from posting to delivery oversees.

Overall the Blu-Ray is a tad more satisfying than the Apple Music stream. On my system, the low end is tighter and more pronounced. Otherwise, the mix seems to be the same.

It is not the most adventurous Atmos mix and given the nature of synth-pop / new wave music that is disappointing.

It sounds a tad front-centric to me with the discreteness being employed for the more beat oriented synth effects. I thought they under utilized the overheads, which is a shame as the album has lots of simple right channel / left channel bounce backs that might have been much cooler being isolated above.

But maybe a Kraftwerk or Yello type mix would sound too chaotic for these relatively simplistic synth songs?

I am giving this one an 8. The Atmos mix is OK and certainly gives the album added oomph over the stereo mix. The perceived lack of discrete height activity to my ears cost it 2 points.

Packaging is simplistic with the inner booklet containing lyrics and credits from what looks like the 2019 deluxe edition. No direct credits for the Atmos Mix.

The Blu-Ray utilizes the Pure Audio format with the static menu and numbered track options.

Last edited:
Back