Black Sabbath "The End" 4k Blu Ray - Disc Won't Play, Packaging Sucks!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steve Bruzonsky

600 Club - QQ All-Star
QQ Supporter
This has to be the worst packaging ever. The disc in sandwiched on the right inside and its super super hard to pull out. And it has just a flimsy cardboard cover and bottom where the disc is. No wonder it won't play or rip for me. Will contact ImportCD to see if I can get a refund.

Anyone else get this 4k disc and is yours any better (it plays or rips).

After the Queen debacle I have held off.
Give it a good cleaning to see if that helps. It seems to be a missing QA step these days.

After the Queen debacle I have held off.
Give it a good cleaning to see if that helps. It seems to be a missing QA step these days.
I cleaned the Queen 4k disc and it ripped and played fine. But no effect on the Black Sabbath The End. I think the disc got squished in shipping, and although it looks fine, my ripping program now like 10 X has stated that the volume key is unknown for this disc.

Somethin' more is going on. Just got the 4k disc of Eric Clapton "Slowhand At 70". Same packaging as the Black Sabbath "The End" 4k. Disc appears absolutely clean and physically fine. Ripping program again states volume key is unknown for this disc. I just inserted a Criterion 4k disc to make sure that somehow my 4k ripper software didn't get updated or corrupted, and its ripping it fine. And I just found that these discs all play fine in my 4k blu ray player. Guess I'll need to join and go over to the MakeMKV forum on this as it appears to be a 4k ripping issue, maybe something new with copy protection on new 4k concert discs?

Last edited:
I just emailed Billy Carlson, who I "met" over at the MakeMKV forum and from who I got my internal Pioneer 4k drive with appropriate software for ripping 4k (as well as blu ray and dvd) discs. Billy said just wait a few weeks when the keys are added to MakeMKV since these discs just came out.

copying...but it won't even play on any player? blu ray player not computer optical drive
This has to be the worst packaging ever. The disc in sandwiched on the right inside and its super super hard to pull out. And it has just a flimsy cardboard cover and bottom where the disc is. No wonder it won't play or rip for me. Will contact ImportCD to see if I can get a refund.

Strange, I didn't have any issues removing the disc or ripping with MakeMKV v1.17.7

I confirmed the rip plays fine.

Back