HiRez Poll Blank, Boris - RESONANCE [Blu-Ray Audio]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rate the Blu-Ray of Blank, Boris - RESONANCE

• 8:

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 7:

• 6:

• 5:

• 4:

• 3:

• 2:

• 1: Poor Content, Surround Mix, and Fidelity

• Total voters
Yes, I just discovered that yesterday! This made it economical to buy this album finally. And, as others have said here, it's a great showpiece for Atmos sound. Just as dramatic as Yello - Point, but of course far more atmospheric in content. I've voted a 10 for it. And I recently bought a Neumi 4K device, which enables me to play MKV Atmos audio now to my Denon AVR.

An easy 11 out of 10, although I've been a Yello nut since 1983. I wish all surround stuff was as good as this - what do folks who have heard this recommend as equally exemplary?

An easy 11 out of 10, although I've been a Yello nut since 1983. I wish all surround stuff was as good as this - what do folks who have heard this recommend as equally exemplary?
A few I have that I've rated 10 for dramatic use of Atmos: Gentle Giant - Free Hand (Atmos by Steven Wilson), Kraftwerk - 3D (I found the single disc version which is affordable), Tears For Fears - Tipping Point, Richard Wright - Wet Dream, Frank Zappa - Waka/Wazoo.

Others that I own but haven't fully reviewed or received yet but look to potentially be a 10: Pink Floyd (Atmos) - DSOTM & Animals, Peter Gabriel - i/o, XTC - Skylarking (waiting for release, Atmos by Steven Wilson, the previous Wilson 5.1 mix is excellent so Atmos should be spectacular), Porcupine Tree - Closure/Continuation Live (studio album 5.1 mix is also excellent, I wish it was Atmos), Big Big Train - The Likes Of Us, Beatles - Abbey Road, Zappa - Apostrophe (waiting for release).

I won't put in a vote because I am streaming and downmixing to 5.1, but man.....this is demo material. Outstanding mix. Guess I am late to the party on this one as I can't seem to find a copy that will ship to the U.S. for under $50. Maybe I'll go the download route for once.

I won't put in a vote because I am streaming and downmixing to 5.1, but man.....this is demo material. Outstanding mix. Guess I am late to the party on this one as I can't seem to find a copy that will ship to the U.S. for under $50. Maybe I'll go the download route for once.

I agree, fantastic surround. You should hear it in Atmos, mindblowing! As mentioned, the affordable way to buy this album is as an MKV Atmos (and MP4 5.1) download from somewhere like Immersive Audio Album - see here... https://immersiveaudioalbum.com/product/resonance-boris-blank-atmos-mkv-mp4/
It requires you to have a way to play an MKV Atmos file - e.g. an Neumi Atom player, like I bought - or use an app like VLC to play from your computer to your AVR.

Back