HiRez Poll Bowie, David - THE RISE AND FALL OF ZIGGY STARDUST AND THE SPIDERS FROM MARS [Blu-ray Audio (Dolby Atmos)]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rate the BDA of David Bowie - THE RISE AND FALL OF ZIGGY STARDUST AND THE SPIDERS FROM MARS

Votes: 0 0.0%

• 1: Terrible Content, Surround Mix, and Fidelity

• Total voters
Blasted this one loud, as it deserves. I agree with others that Ronson's lead parts could have used a tweak. I also prefer a bit more discrete separation but overall, it sounds terrific. Likely the best I've ever heard this album sound, especially after years of those craptastic Dynaflex pressings. Still baffled by the omission of a 5.1 mix in favor of two of the same 1972 mixes in different resolutions that are indiscernible to my aging ears. I give it an 8. A must buy nonetheless.

Like many of us, I wasn't sure what to expect given the comments from the bloke himself were rather disconcerting. But the mix is highly enjoyable.

My formative years were in the UK, and unlike Oz, there tended to be music allegiances back then (probably still is). So when this album came out, I was well and truly in the T Rex/Bolan camp. I know this album now of course, but not as thoroughly as some, so those comments on important aspects that should be faithful to the original mix are less of a loss for me.

Tangential review drift: I came in on Pin Ups, would you believe (I know, so late!). I love everything about that album and have loved many a good covers album ever since. From there on for the next decade, I know every note of every Bowie album intimately. How I would especially love Atmos mixes of Diamond Dogs and David Live. Please God, make it so!

Until then, I have this. Ten.

Back