HiRez Poll Bread - BABY I'M-A WANT YOU [Blu-Ray Audio]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rate the BDA of Bread - BABY I'M-A WANT YOU

Votes: 0 0.0%

• 1: Terrible Content, Surround Mix, and Fidelity

• Total voters

rtbluray

Hi-Res Moderator
Staff member
QQ Supporter
Please post your thoughts and comments on this brand new reissue of the classic Bread album "Baby I'm-A Want You".
This reissue on Blu-Ray Audio is part of Rhino's ongoing Quadio series and contains the first release of the original 1970s Quadraphonic mix for the first time since the 1970s!

(y) :) (n)

Bread_Baby_Quadio_half_scale.png

Baby, I've wanted this disc for a long time and producer of said QUAD BD~A remaster, Steve Woolard, indeed made it happen. Exceptional 4 channel QUAD sonics throughout and IMO, every track is whimsically musical!

More like Cinnamon raisin bread ..... flavorful and easily digestible!

A 10

Sounds good, but I find the quad mix to be a "mixed" bag. And for whatever reason, it seems more right front/right surround centric. The right channels sound louder than the left. I played a different quad disc after and it was fine (balanced) - so???

Sounds good, but I find the quad mix to be a "mixed" bag. And for whatever reason, it seems more right front/right surround centric. The right channels sound louder than the left. I played a different quad disc after and it was fine (balanced) - so???
I'm sure someone here will rip it soon to check the waveforms.

The songs and the sound are superb.

I find this disc, the Doobie Brothers, the SDE Ten Years After, and the Chicago discs - plus one or two of the Dutton Vocalion Guess Who discs - rear heavy or front light. Pretty well everything else perfectly balanced.

I'd like to know how the mastering and sound quality compares to the AF Best Of disc. Five of the twelve tracks are on the Best Of set, so those of us who have that AF disc would be buying this only for those seven other tracks.

I'd like to know how the mastering and sound quality compares to the AF Best Of disc. Five of the twelve tracks are on the Best Of set, so those of us who have that AF disc would be buying this only for those seven other tracks.
I totally forgot about the Bread best of AF disc. I have that disc as I was an AF subscriber. Will have to check when I can.

I just checked with several different tracks. Baby has guitar in right front, bass in left front which could give the impression of different levels L to R, but it's just the separation of instrumentation. Then I listened to Everything I Own. This song has other mix choices again with different things L to R. Vocals were perfectly centered and sound amazing. I hear no balance issues with any of the album. Strong separation in the channels is all I hear.

If this were Best of Bread in this quality I'd go with a 10. So I'll go with a strong 9, and save the 10s for the Bette and Duke this time around. However this is an absolutely beautiful sounding quad disc.

Baby, I've wanted this disc for a long time and producer of said QUAD BD~A remaster, Steve Woolard, indeed made it happen. Exceptional 4 channel QUAD sonics throughout and IMO, every track is whimsically musical!

More like Cinnamon raisin bread ..... flavorful and easily digestible!

A 10
I’m kinda partial to Challah or Portuguese sweet bread(which, ironically, is not a sweet bread).

I have the AF Quad "The Best Of Bread" remastered SACD by Steve Hoffman. That more than satisfies my Bread Quad desires.:love:

So those of us who have the AF disc would likely be buying this for the upgrade of those five tracks.
:)

Back