Bronski Beat - The Age of Consent 40th Anniversary SDE Blu-Ray #26 (Oct. 18, 2024)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Needless to say, pre-ordered. Really looking forward to it.

Keep them coming!
instant pre-order here as well β£οΈπŸ™πŸ’

the kind of Music we are getting in Surround at this point is really quite remarkable 🀯

i never thought i'd see the day there'd be all these Surround Music Blu-ray Audio's of 80's UK Pop acts like Soft Cell, Wham!, ABC, Paul Young and now Bronski Beat.. yet somehow it feels like a logical, natural progression since we've had so many lovely ol' 70's records in Quad/Surround here come the 80's! πŸ₯³πŸ«ΆπŸ€©

Me too... But I'm British so I do remember Bronski Beat. Indeed, this was their only album with Jimmy Somerville who left them in 1985 to form 'The Communards' with Richard Coles...
Jimmy left them this way when he did "Don't Leave Me This Way"!! 🀣

ahhhhhhhh... bay-beh!!! πŸ₯³πŸ™ŒπŸ€©πŸ˜…

i'll get me coat πŸ‘€πŸ€£

The first time I heard them I thought it was somebody like Alison Moyet singing, there are a few catchy tunes on it, but the whole 80s club/pop thing was not for me - though I have bought this as I don't want a gap in my SDE series :LOL:
"Mind The Gap"! πŸ‘€ ..or the tunes will go down the tube! 🀣

talking of "Going Underground" πŸ˜‹πŸ˜… i wonder if there's any Paul Weller/The Jam records on the horizon in SDE/Atmos 🀞

Uh, yeah. I ordered it as well. :censored:
1721228757458.png

Are these typically only available through SDE or do they end up on other sites, too? I love buying these, but shipping to the US is often quite expensive (at least compared to other retailers.)
Thanks
It sounds like only the stand alone BD is exclusive to SDE and a bundle option with exclusive BD. The other stuff IINM will be available elsewhere. Oh and $8 shipping with tracking to USA.

Imagine Don't Leave Me This Way coming from every direction.
Thankfully we already have this! The original song (covered by Thelma Houston, and also The Communards) was mixed in quad from the Harold Melvin & The Blue Notes album β€˜Wake Up Everybody’ and reissued by Dutton Vocalion - available here… It’s possibly one of the best examples of surround mixing you can get… 😎

I was a foreign student in Scotland when this came out -- powerful gay screams at a time when the scene was just
starting to accept such. Cool! Jimmy is ok by me. Pre-ordered blu ray (I'm like others in this inflation age, don't
give me potatoes, just meat). And you know? I think Jimmy will go along with me there 8').

Smalltown Boy was a favourite song of my mom's (who had the 12" single, now part of my collection) so I heard it a lot growing up; the music video (along with Falco's Der Kommisar, MJ's Beat It) was one of the first I remember seeing as a kid, and at the tender age of 8 or 9 I didn't really grasp the entirety of what was going on, I definitely understood that the main character was being unfairly ostracised and excluded. In an era where most videos were simple performance clips or showcases for cheap video effects, I think the video for this song was (and still is) a minor masterpiece, letting the viewer draw their own conclusions and probably broadening the song's appeal as a result, because everyone's felt alienated or ostracised at one point or another.

For anyone interested and wanting to make an informed purchasing decision, the Atmos mixes were done by David Wrench, who also did the Blur The Ballad of Darren mix. His website also says the following about his surround experience:

"David is set up for Dolby Atmos/Spatial Audio mixing. He worked with Frank Ocean on his 2017 tour dates (mixed in 7.1) and mixes the Tree of Codes Ballet (scored by Jamie xx and Choreographed by Wayne McGregor for MIF) specifically for each venue. Dolby Atmos mix credits include Florence + The Machine, Declan McKenna, Blur, Arlo Parks, Shygirl, Oliver Sim, Jungle, The xx, Jamie xx."

Preorder window for this is 10 days from today, btw. Didn't see a listing for how many copies are being pressed.

Back