HiRez Poll Bronski Beat - THE AGE OF CONSENT [Blu-Ray Audio (Dolby Atmos)]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rate the BDA of Bronski Beat - THE AGE OF CONSENT

Votes: 0 0.0%

• 1: Terrible Content, Surround Mix, and Fidelity

• Total voters

rtbluray

Hi-Res Moderator
Staff member
QQ Supporter
Please post your thoughts and comments on this new reissue of the classic album "The Age of Consent" by Bronski Beat.
The album has been newly remixed in Dolby Atmos and 5.1 surround and released as part of the SDE Surround Sound Series. The Blu-Ray also includes instrumental mixes in Dolby Atmos and 5.1 surround as well.

blu-ray_3_sticker.jpg

First, i get nearly two and a half hours of masterful multichannel mixes on this release. Second, lyrically, this is a compelling and powerful portrait of what life as a gay man in 1984 was like (and very well may still be); additionally, i get thoughtful cultural commentary. Third, the music makes me want to dance around my listening space. Fourth, the mix makes maximum use of my 7.1 setup. Fifth, once i accept Jimmy Somerville's vocals, i am able to soar ecstatically with him.

I'm SO excited and pleased by this release (I had only heard "Smalltown Boy" in clubs back in the day) that i gratefully and gleefully double my above five reasons to arrive at my score: 10! In a perfect world, i would have come up with 10 reasons, but this release is so good, i simply can't sit still! I really dig thought-provoking dance music that packs a punch!

Last edited:
Back