Cambridge Audio Azure 752BD firmware update - 17th Jun 2013

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Neil Palfreyman

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
Auto update just downloaded and upgraded a new firmware for my 752BD. Just in case anyone else has one, doesn't have auto-update enabled and wants to know what the updates are, here's the info cut and paste from the CA site.

Several of interest to me. :)

17th June 2013

Here at Cambridge Audio, we’ve been working hard to make your 752BD experience even better! There is a new firmware update. The new firmware version is 752BDCU-13-0604 for region A units, or 752BD-13-0604 for Region B units.

Region A (North, Central and South American and Southeast Asian countries plus Taiwan, Japan, China Hong Kong, China Macau and Korea).

Region B (most European, African and southwest Asian countries plus Australia and New Zealand).

Features of the new update (version 752BD(CU)-13-0604) include;

1. Resolved the HDMI high bit-rate (HBR) audio loss issue with Yamaha RX-V673, V773, A820 and A1020 AV Receivers. Customers have reported that when sending DTS-HD Master Audio or Dolby TrueHD signals in "Bitstream" mode through HDMI to these Yamaha receivers, any signal interruption (resolution change, source selection, etc.) will cause the Yamaha to display "Audio Decoder OFF" on the front panel and produce no sound from the speakers.

2. Added a feature that allows the adjustment of the audio delay time within the range of -100ms to +100ms. This can be set in "Setup Menu"->"Audio Processing" -> "A/V Sync", and the delayed time will be applied to all output terminals including HDMI 1 and 2, Coaxial, Optical, and 7.1 outputs (including the Stereo outputs of the 752BD).

3. Improved compatibility with some cable TV boxes, especially from Motorola. Customers have reported that HDMI handshake failures (such as blank green screens, flickering images, and frequent audio drops) could happen when these TV boxes were connected to the HDMI IN port (Front and Back). This issue has been significantly improved in this firmware.

4. Added support for CUE file playback. This function can be applied to music files on local storage and supported audio formats include FLAC, WAV, APE and MP3.

5. Added a feature that allows the creation of playlists while accessing music files from local USB storage. When navigating these music files, pressing the OPTION button will bring up a menu with a prompt to either "Add to playlist" or "Goto playlist". The created playlist file is stored within the local USB storage, inside "CA_Media_Info/playlist".

6. Added support for the AIFF audio format. (Standard AIFF files are supported. AIFF files with AIFF-C/sowt encoding generated by Mac OS X are not supported.)

7. Added support for the ExFAT file system.

8. Added additional Crossover Frequency selections (50, 70, 130, 140 and 160Hz) in "Setup Menu"->"Audio Processing"->"Crossover".

9. Added a feature that allows the user to decide which mode (Auto, Film and Video) to use when performing video de-interlacing. This can be set in "Setup Menu"->"Video Setup" -> "HDMI Options"->"De-interlacing Mode".

10. Added DMR Seek capability, so the user can drag the progress bar on the DMC side and adjust the media file playback progress on the player.

11. Resolved a recently reported FLAC file playback issue. Some FLAC files made from the latest version of the EAC (Exact Audio Copy) software tool could not be played on the 752BD. This issue has been resolved.

12. Resolved the brief audio pop issue found on the 7.1 and Stereo audio outputs. This popping noise could happen when the player is processing content from a television cable box (through the HDMI inputs), and when channels are switched on the cable box. This issue has been resolved.

13. Improved the support for large capacity external hard drives. The maximum size for a single partition can be up to 16 TB when using GPT partition table and NTFS or ExFAT file system.

14. Improved the digital audio compatibility with the Apple Airport Express (2nd Generation). Customers have reported that frequent audio dropouts were heard on 752BD's analogue audio outputs (both 7.1 and Stereo) when accepting a digital audio signal from the Airport Express 2's optical audio out. With this firmware, the audio dropouts have been eliminated or significantly reduced.

15. Removed a limitation in "Audio Processing"->"Speaker Configuration", that turns off the SBL and SBR speakers automatically when the Center speaker is set to "Off". However, if the SL and the SR speakers are set to "Off", the SBL and the SBR speakers will still be muted.

16. General disc compatibility improvement based on recent and upcoming Blu-ray releases as well as customer-submitted disc samples.

I'm scared to update my ol' 651BD in case the f/w gets rid of the ISO playback (not that I ever use it!) :eek:

..but seeing as these newer 751's & 752's never had that capability in the first place you can upgrade away to your heart's content I imagine..!? :D

Seems like issue no. 1 would best be resolved by using the analog outputs. Who spends the big bucks to get five Wolfson DACs just to bypass them with HDMI?

Seems like issue no. 1 would best be resolved by using the analog outputs. Who spends the big bucks to get five Wolfson DACs just to bypass them with HDMI?

My thoughts entirely. After much experimentation I'm convinced that the sound in my set-up is considerably better using the DACs on the 752.

Back