Steven Wilson Yes "Fragile" Super Deluxe Edition out in June with Dolby Atmos mix!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We all know now, if all if us bother to read it πŸ˜‰. Thanks for all the links and helping to clear up the mystery surrounding (no pun intended) this track.

Big question that remains though, is what the heck is it doing on Fragile?

That's my question also. Anyone who has heard 1970's Yes should be able to tell the difference between them and Terry Reid. Mistakes are mistakes, but something like that should have been caught REALLY quickly. Even if they thought it could be someone other than the guys in Yes singing (which makes no sense), I figure the lyrics have to be on the internet ... all they probably had to do was Google a line or two and it would have been revealed.

That's my question also. Anyone who has heard 1970's Yes should be able to tell the difference between them and Terry Reid. Mistakes are mistakes, but something like that should have been caught REALLY quickly. Even if they thought it could be someone other than the guys in Yes singing (which makes no sense), I figure the lyrics have to be on the internet ... all they probably had to do was Google a line or two and it would have been revealed.
Especially because it is not the first time something like this has happened. As I pointed out earlier, something similar happened with the Tarkus remix, where they included the β€œUnknown Ballad”, which sounded NOTHING like ELP and turned out to be a recording by a Greg Lake produced band (whose name escapes me) but not ELP.
I wonder why nobody heard the glaringly obvious stylistic differences and vocals in both cases and didn't do more research before putting it on the release. Strange.

Last edited:
And that mystery track, 'The Dean'? Apparently it's a take from sessions for Terry Reid's third album π‘…π‘–π‘£π‘’π‘Ÿ, which was recorded twice...first with Eddy Offord producing, later with Tom Dowd. The Dowd version is the one that got released, in 1972. A whole second album's worth of material came from those two River sessions, released for the first time in 2016 as π‘‡β„Žπ‘’ π‘‚π‘‘β„Žπ‘’π‘Ÿ 𝑆𝑖𝑑𝑒 π‘œπ‘“ π‘‘β„Žπ‘’ π‘…π‘–π‘£π‘’π‘Ÿ, on which Offord and Dowd share production credits (the old tapes were mixed by Brian Kehew, who also mixed Progeny and bonus track on Tormato). Confusingly, 'Dean' is the name of a track on π‘…π‘–π‘£π‘’π‘Ÿ (1972), but 'The Dean' from this Yes set isn't that track. Instead, it sounds very much like a prototype of 'Sabyla', the last track on π‘‡β„Žπ‘’ π‘‚π‘‘β„Žπ‘’π‘Ÿ 𝑆𝑖𝑑𝑒 π‘œπ‘“ π‘‘β„Žπ‘’ π‘…π‘–π‘£π‘’π‘Ÿ.
Um, yeah, I wrote that on Forgotten Yesterdays's Facebook page, and also noted it earlier in this thread.
The new Super Deluxe Fragile includes as previously unreleased bonus tracks three from the gig at the Academy of Music on Feb 19 1972, when Bill was still in the band: Perpetual Change, Long Distance Runaround/The Fish, and Yours Is No Disgrace. Long time fans will hear quickly that Perpetual Change and LDR/Fish indeed are NOT the Yessongs versions. This means that we can finally pin the correct dates for the Yessongs versions: those are from the *second* Academy fo Music gig that year, February 23 , 1972.
And I wrote that too, on the FY Facebook page. It would be nice to give credit where due.

Got to meet Bill in Philly last nite. He was super gracious chatting with fans and signing items.
received_858461192831090~2.jpeg
received_1662105854327843.jpeg

Back