Listening to this surround UPMIX, up-remix, or remix

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
JEAN-LUC PONTY - ENIGMATIC OCEAN
(LP->5.1 UDR)
*This old LP in my collection was begging for an Up-mix; really too bad it doesn't get the Royal treatment of someone like Steve Wilson in Atmos, it would be bonkers; especially the two long tracks "Enigmatic Ocean (Parts I-IV)" and "The Struggle Of The Turtle To The Sea (Parts I-III)."

I'm thinking my own Up-mix here could use some EQ tweaking to get the best out of it, but some fun stuff none the less.

This 1977 album also has some killer players on it, i.e.:
I hear a couple of influences on some of this from Frank Zappa (natch) and perhaps Alan Parsons.

-but if you have this album in some form, just try it out with whatever you have, a DSU, Surround Master, other up-mixing software etc, etc.

J-L P EO LP-5.1UDR.jpg

JEAN-LUC PONTY - ENIGMATIC OCEAN
(LP->5.1 UDR)
*This old LP in my collection was begging for an Up-mix; really too bad it doesn't get the Royal treatment of someone like Steve Wilson in Atmos, it would be bonkers; especially the two long tracks "Enigmatic Ocean (Parts I-IV)" and "The Struggle Of The Turtle To The Sea (Parts I-III)."

I'm thinking my own Up-mix here could use some EQ tweaking to get the best out of it, but some fun stuff none the less.

This 1977 album also has some killer players on it, i.e.:
I hear a couple of influences on some of this from Frank Zappa (natch) and perhaps Alan Parsons.

-but if you have this album in some form, just try it out with whatever you have, a DSU, Surround Master, other up-mixing software etc, etc.

View attachment 107044
Please do, this was my introduction to Maestro Ponty’s oeuvre and he signed it for me In 2017 when I met him. This is his absolute best album.

Back