Chic - first five albums streaming in Dolby Atmos! (Steven Wilson mixes)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finished C'set Chic, beautiful mix, although no expert on Disco, I have to remember that actual musicians where involved. Loved the instrumental.
Now listening to Risque', Track 1 Good Times sounds like a rip off of We Are Family.
One thing I like on both albums so far is the bass line, very driving, cool man.
I seem to remember that this type music was actually the music that Steven grew up on from his parents listening.
What a thrill he must have had getting to mix these in Dolby Atmos.

Finished C'set Chic, beautiful mix, although no expert on Disco, I have to remember that actual musicians where involved. Loved the instrumental.
Now listening to Risque', Track 1 Good Times sounds like a rip off of We Are Family.
One thing I like on both albums so far is the bass line, very driving, cool man.
I seem to remember that this type music was actually the music that Steven grew up on from his parents listening.
The bass player is Bernard Edwards who co founded Chic with Nile Rogers.
He,tragically, passed away in 1996.

Remember also that Nile Rodgers wrote and played a lot of the guitar for Bowie's Let's Dance; which could use a nice surround (Atmos) release!

I had learned the basics of the bass line of Good Times a while back. The original record was already good, but thereā€™s nothing like an Atmos mix to make me painfully aware of just how far off my version is compared to Bernardā€™s.

Looking forward to listening to the full albums this week.

Both Good Times and We Are Family were written by Nile Rodgers and Bernard Edwards.

I had learned the basics of the bass line of Good Times a while back. The original record was already good, but thereā€™s nothing like an Atmos mix to make me painfully aware of just how far off my version is compared to Bernardā€™s.

Looking forward to listening to the full albums this week.
'Nard's bass playing on 'Happy Man' is a particular favourite for me. Fine player, irresistibly cool and funky as hell! Sadly missed

3 hours of Chic is never enough....

The,'Strike Up The Band' track is wonderful.

This is what I've kept banging on about since I installed my 7.2.4 set up in 2018, the need for fabulous Atmos mixes as produced by the maestro (It's demonstration quality), to show how full, surround music, can be truly enjoyed.

Well, just finished, my last Chic-Chic.
What a fabulous listen, glad I was working from home today. I was prejudiced based on the Disco theme. I have never heard these 3 albums before. The musicianship, outstanding.
Really big full sound, and discrete to boot, almost a rarity for streaming Atmos. Don't get me wrong the immersive sound of the bubble called streaming Dolby Atmos is great, but when instruments and sounds are heard in different speakers and heights, wow, just a pleasure.

At this point, nothing that Wilson remixes would surprise me given his passion for music in so many genres. But I had forgotten that Nile had done a remix on Wilsonā€™s last album.

And note the comment from this video: "You can probably tell from PERSONAL SHOPPER that I grew up hearing a lot of disco music played in the Wilson house, including the classic Chic masterpieces, so itā€™s an absolute thrill to have Nile stamp his legendary signature sound on the track." - SW

Well, I've had this superbly remastered Atlantic Records 4 disc RBCD CHIC box set for awhile and wonder if there will ever be an ATMOS BD~A box set as well?

41Ud6y3SH0L.jpg

Last edited:
What a fabulous listen, glad I was working from home today. I was prejudiced based on the Disco theme. I have never heard these 3 albums before. The musicianship, outstanding.
Really big full sound, and discrete to boot, almost a rarity for streaming Atmos. Don't get me wrong the immersive sound of the bubble called streaming Dolby Atmos is great, but when instruments and sounds are heard in different speakers and heights, wow, just a pleasure.
For more Chic goodness, Sister Sledge's 'We Are Family' is worth checking out along with Diana Ross' 'Diana' - unfortunately not available in surround as far as I know.

A very good example of possibilities and the fact of so many poor other mixes that are around.
These mixes show how it should be done!

Back