Disc manufacturing in the USA

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
On a quick check for Blu-Ray discs I found this place in "Joisey". Are there more?
I wonder if any of the labels use them...

https://www.discmakers.com/products/bluray.asp
DiscMakers is the ubiquitous "everyman" optical disc replication company here in the U.S. I didn't know they did Blu-ray, but I'm not surprised. Surely, there are larger companies/plants contracting with the major labels and studios, no?

DiscMakers is the ubiquitous "everyman" optical disc replication company here in the U.S. I didn't know they did Blu-ray, but I'm not surprised. Surely, there are larger companies/plants contracting with the major labels and studios, no?
Are larger companies needed? Geez, it's a big deal if they press up 5,000 copies of a title these days. Long gone are the days where they might move 1,000,000 units in a week.

Natives of the Garden State pronounce it as "Jeuhzy", Brooklyners call it "Joisey".
I don't live in either one. Though from what I remember Jersey is prettier. :unsure:
(no offense meant to Brooklynites)
Well that's what I'm asking, JJ. I know, or think I do, there used to be more disc manufacturers overall in the US. How many now that do BD's in an unknown.

Not the same thing, but I know LP's are still being made in the US, and from a documentary I saw the equipment for that was manufactured quite some years ago and is repaired as needed and keeps on choogling.

Sniffed back a tear of pride . . . Australia pulling its weight. šŸ¦˜

1719954726398.png

Back