Dolby Atmos Songs and Albums that have more than 1 Atmos Mix

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They technically do, but as far as I know, there is no way to listen to Sony 360RA and get overheads, which is at least part of why the format failed. Denon/Marnatz didn’t start supporting 360 until last year, but it doesn’t matter because I don’t think there are any streaming boxes that know what to do with MPEG-H (the underlying codec). So you may be asking, well what is the point of acquiring 360RA files - well they still have a 7.1 channel bed, and since there was a stupid format war, there were some releases that were 360 exclusives.
Yes, that was the reason for my question as I have a few 360 captures and they are basically 4.0.
Edit: they sound fantastic.

Yes, that was the reason for my question as I have a few 360 captures and they are basically 4.0.
Edit: they sound fantastic.
Some 360's are 4.0 and 5.1. Other 360 mixes have objects and can be decoded to speaker layouts with height channels.

I didn't have that issue but I have no qualms with tweaking channel levels.

I don’t either if it’s a change that I’m committing to, but to adjust for 1 album, I’ll pass. Here’s what I’m talking about, look at that spike in the rears. Just all the sudden goes to as loud as the fronts, “Get Lucky”.

Attachments

• IMG_1879.png
    IMG_1879.png
    1.9 MB
I don’t either if it’s a change that I’m committing to, but to adjust for 1 album, I’ll pass. Here’s what I’m talking about, look at that spike in the rears. Just all the sudden goes to as loud as the fronts, “Get Lucky”.
I don't have an issue with it personally. Some of the new Peter Gabriel I/O Atmos tracks have rears equal to or louder than the fronts. Does the Get Lucky track rear channels stay the same if you decode it to 7.1.4? I didn't listen in 7.1.

Back