DTS Hi Rez Stereo won't play on Recent Chicago and Carly Simon Rhino Blu-Rays

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
System Components:
Denon AVR-X8500H Receiver
Oppo UDP-203 Blu-Ray
Direct connection via 8K HDMI Cable

I recently purchased Rhino's Chicago Greatest Hits and Carly Simon No Secrets Dolby Atmos/Quadio Blu-Rays. I can play all formats on the discs EXCEPT the Hi-Rez Stereo tracks. I've tried adjusting playback settings on the Oppo (default set to Bitstream), but nothing makes a difference. The Denon receiver shows "DTS-HD + Neural: X"on the display, but no sound is coming out the speakers. I've also tried manually changing the receiver from Auto to Direct mode, but still no sound. Anybody else have this issue, or better yet, can help me figure out why it's not working? Thanks for your help!

I normally keep HDMI Audio Format set to Bitstream. No Audio. In Auto mode, no audio either. But, I just tried setting HDMI Audio Format to LPCM and got the Hi-Res Stereo audio to play through. So... why doesn't "Auto" mode recognize and send the LPCM signal through the HDMI?

I normally keep HDMI Audio Format set to Bitstream. No Audio. In Auto mode, no audio either. But, I just tried setting HDMI Audio Format to LPCM and got the Hi-Res Stereo audio to play through. So... why doesn't "Auto" mode recognize and send the LPCM signal through the HDMI?
Hmmm.... If you set the OPPO's 'HDMI Audio Format' option to 'LPCM' the OPPO will 'transcode' the disc's native DTS-HD MA stream to LPCM before passing it to your AVR!

Is it just these two discs you're having issues with. Do your other audio discs or movies with DTS-HD MA audio work okay, then the OPPO's 'HDMI Audio Format' option is set to 'Auto' or 'Bitstream'?

Back