Duran Duran "Danse Macabre" (Blu-Ray with Bob Cleamountain Dolby Atmos mix - SDE #13)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I heartily second that. So limited that the box set sells out in 24 hours, and so prohibitively priced that it costs me $54 per exclusive track on that format? Not to mention how much space that I don't have that the box takes up? Sorry but this just isn't how I buy music these days. Put it all on a Blu-ray for me, please. This feels a little like double-dipping given how recent the regular album came out. Very strange.
These double dips happen all the time. Paul at SDE just posted how the Pet Shop Boys are doing this exact thing the other day....and he is not a fan of it. The Stones just did it too. This falls on Duran. They could have added more tracks.....or priced it cheaper....but its a business. They want to make money. I'm the sucker who is buying it so I guess they know what they are doing lol. To be honest, I'm just excited in 2024 we are talking about surround releases still. We were all on thin ice there for a long while.

We’ve made just 1500 copies of this blu-ray which is #29 in the SDE Surround Series, although if demand is strong enough we’d consider another run.
This sounds like:

“Those are my principles, and if you don't like them...well I have others.”
― Groucho Marx

😂😂

I ordered this one too

I don't know about cash grabs with alternate editions and all that. That's the Taylor Swift thing, right? Release the same autotuned song 17 times?

All I know is I remember calling these guys "MTV music" when I was in high school. Not an accolade. (This was after MTV went pop.) I stumbled across this Danse Macabre a while ago and listened just because it had a 12 channel mix and Atmos was new. Absolutely floored me how good this was and sounded! Bob Clearmountain - OK, that explains the mix sounding fantastic! The surprise for me is I remembered them as MTV music but what I hear here is 9 parts psychedelic and maybe 1 part sort of pop. They're really good singers too! Instrumental mixes seems misguided if not insulting.

It's still a little aside my wheelhouse of experimental avant garde but will definitely get repeat listens! Not jumping into collector OCD for multiple versions though.

I like the original Danse Macabre release, but definitely not enough to double dip for a few more tracks. As Paul said, it's really good for those who missed the first one. Too bad they didn't remix another title, or do a Vol. 2 with all new tracks, though - I think that would be more popular. However, this new one is obviously selling out easily so what do I know :unsure: .

I think I broke the sound barrier ordering this one after I saw the announcement. I friggin LOVE that album. The new song is fire!

Back