Electric Moo: stereo explorations

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I shared your story with The Man & this is what he had had to say:

" I think .....must be getting his churches muddled up, as there would have been no Nuns at the church my father was the minister of. On the same road (Beanfield Avenue, Corby) were three churches – Saint Peters & Andrews which is Church of England thus would have a vicar; Saint Brendans, which is Catholic, thus has a priest; and Saint Ninian’s which is Church of Scotland, thus has a minister. This last one being were my dad was the minister between 1964 and 1978."

View attachment 110510
I guess Wikipedia is incorrect as it says Bill’s dad was at St. Peter’s and st Andrew’s. And I may be a little confused about if they were nuns or not as I would probably be only between 3-5 years old at the time which would be around 1972-74 ish. I looked at google street view to see which one it was and I’m not actually sure if it was st Peter’s and st Andrew’s or St Ninian’s now. I’m leaning towards it being st P and A’s because of the shape of the building although they’re both very similar looking. It’s a long time ago and I’d need a Doctorin’ the Tardis to go back and save my teddy from a fate worse than death to be sure 😆. Either way I am impressed by this reply from The Man himself. We lived next door to The Knights Lodge pub on Towerhill Road and my sister and myself went to Kingswood Junior and then Beanfield Secondary school until 1985. Thanks for relaying this to Bill, Electric Moo. Say hello 👋 for me.

Attachments

• IMG_8319.jpeg
    IMG_8319.jpeg
    802.1 KB
Last edited:
That is pretty wild!

I figured the KLF might not be familiar to most people here. They did some incredible stuff, true artists. And are both still fairly active.

This documentary is a good overview, it's probably streaming online on services:

Their album "Chill Out" was very influencial and is a masterpiece IMO. Done when sampling was still new uncharted territory. That's actually how I discovered Peter Green! Funny.

I was stunned when I found out a young Jimmy Cauty drew that famous "Lord of the Rings" poster that was everywhere in the 1970s. It might be the biggest selling poster of all time?

Condolences to your Teddy Bear :ROFLMAO: What a good story though! And giant penguins, haha

How they got Tammy to sing on Justified and Ancient is amazing. Very talented guys.

Back