Films (Almost Entirely Surround)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
On July 30th, Paramount Pictures Presents will be releasing a Native UHD4K edition of Alexander Payne's ELECTION for it's 25th Anniversary. Further details TBA

https://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=34502

R.e0969a5724ea0fb173ebf5e1ef87105d

Well, I ordered "Nostalghia" this morning based solely on the raves written here knowing nothing about it. I do like foreign films, but films with pretty much just moody extended shot imagery tend to bore me. I do love a film that makes me think about it days later. I hope I like this.
Ended up watching this on Prime and boy was it a challenge. I fast forwarded to the end and done. Meanwhile, my Kino Lober order of the film (in stock) has taken 18 days from "approved for packing" to today's (Monday) "Your order Has been prepared and is now ready to ship!" Just on Friday I created a PayPal complaint, (that Kino Lober won't answer their phone, won't respond to email, and includes customer service links on the website that don't work). I know they have a lot of great films but I feel they are a horrible web company. I ordered another film before and inquired after five days about shipping and their answer was, "...it's only been a few days". So we'll see what happens, but back it goes.

Arriving today on tap for tomorrow night.
If you thoroughly read thedigitalbits' review, director Villeneuve wanted an IMAX UHD4K VERSION TO BE RELEASED BUT UNFORTUNATELY WARNER DIDN'T COMPLY! So don't be surprised if the IMAX version does surface at a later date!

So prepare to DOUBLE DIP! I want the IMAX version!

Animals in ATMOS soon, this won't even be the first time I double dip this year...
It was a great review and I don't understand the decision to put the extras on the same disc as the feature. Oh well, still sounds wonderful.

Animals in ATMOS soon, this won't even be the first time I double dip this year...
It was a great review and I don't understand the decision to put the extras on the same disc as the feature. Oh well, still sounds wonderful.
Also surprised there was no mention of a 3D version for Dune II .... I have Dune I in 3D and it was an exceptional transfer. Maybe a triple dip?

I likewise have Animals BD~A ATMOS coming this Friday. Like you, I'm no stranger to double dipping!

Last edited:
I’ve been reading reviews and tweet impressions of Megalopolis all day and it seems as though the consensus is split between “one of the worst films I’ve ever seen” and “a flawed masterpiece that might be the future of cinema”.

WILDLY curious about this one. I’ll be in the theater day 1

Back