HiRez Poll Fish - INTERNAL EXILE [Blu-Ray Audio (Dolby Atmos)]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rate the BDA of Fish - INTERNAL EXILE

Votes: 0 0.0%

• 1: Terrible Content, Surround Mix, and Fidelity

• Total voters

rtbluray

Hi-Res Moderator
Staff member
QQ Supporter
Please post your thoughts and comments on this brand new reissue of the classic Fish album "Internal Exile".
The album has been reissued as a 4CD/Blu-Ray deluxe edition.
The Blu-Ray features the album remixed in 5.1 surround & Dolby Atmos and also contains tons of additional content.

(y) :) (n)

Internal-Exile-Hard-Book-CD-Mockup-2-1-scaled.jpg

Internal-Exile-Hard-Book-CD-Mockup.jpg

I didn't pre-order, as I wanted to be sure that the mixes were worthwhile, given how expensive they are. I ordered copies after reading a few comments about the Atmos on QQ and they both (this and "Vigil) arrived *very* quickly.
Having given it several spins, in particular one in the company of someone who knows the original even better than I do, I'm very happy with the Atmos mix, played as a Dolby TrueHD stream on a 5.1 system. It's consideably more dynamic than the original CD mixes, which results in the vocals losing a bit of their acerbic edge on some songs. Some may consider this a negative change, but it works for me: The original vocals "as recorded" are just beautiful and they sit perfectly in the extra space provided by the surround field.
They've not been afraid to change the mixes quite significantly, as well as the running order on Exile. The mixes overall are crystal clear, sounding like they were recorded yesterday, they're discrete in all the right places and "breath" with the songs that the CDs never did. Top class remix.
I'll score this one higher than "Vigil" because IMHO it actually makes for a *very* significant improvement on the original album - the songs sound and run much, much better than they ever used to.

I have never heard this or Vigil before, but I like both very much musically. The Atmos mixes for both are very good on my 7.4.4 setup, but I think the mix for this is a little weaker than the Vigil mix, so I voted 8, Vigil got 9.

Back