HiRez Poll Fleetwood Mac - RUMOURS [Blu-Ray Audio (Dolby Atmos)]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rate the BDA of Fleetwood Mac - RUMOURS

• Total voters
So, if I’m not Atmos equipped and don’t plan to be, is there any reason to buy the Bluray when I already have the DVD-A?
The Atmos mix is less muddy (or maybe brighter) than its 5.1 counterpart. It also is more conservative with its mixing decisions. This Atmos mix is also by no means a replication of the 5.1 mix, and this is coming from someone who listened to the Atmos "mixed down" for my 7.1 setup.

In some cases, an album's Atmos mix sounds far better "mixed down" to 5.1 than its dedicated 5.1 mix. (The Atmos mix of 10 000 Hz Legend by Air comes to mind.) It all depends on the mix, so keep watch of these poll threads!

I enjoyed the Atmos mix more than the 5.1. The vocals are really upfront and the separation is better to my ears. The drums and vocals in “Dreams” sound like they are in front of me on stage. “The Chain” is another highlight. I voted 9.
Btw, John McVie is the unsung hero on many of these tunes. He is so in the pocket.

Back