Florida hurricane

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Disney World was quite the epic in terms of hush-hush land buying. It was basically scrub and swampy land. The corporation managed to get the land cheaper by keeping it all on the down low before people could jack prices up.
I have to confess I've never been past the gate, and that when Disney World was being constructed. I do remember Orlando as a sleepy but friendly town before all the attractions moved in. I did go to 12 Rock Superbowls at the old Tangerine Bowl back in the day.

I nagged and nagged and nagged my parents for years to take me to Disneyland. Then when I lived in California, my home was only 7 miles from the park and I never went once. :ROFLMAO: For heaven's sake, I would only have had to make two turns to get there from the street that I lived on.

I did go to Disneyworld once, though.

On the Tampa radar with tornado warnings (red polygons ) on the side.

IMG_6866.jpeg

On the Tampa radar with tornado warnings (red polygons ) on the side.

View attachment 109950
Yes there really is a place called Yeehaw Junction, folks. Been through it many times.

My Stepson, who lives near Vero Beach, hooked up his 25 ft camper and moved it points South.

But yeah folks in the Ochochobee Lake region have been getting hammered with tornado's.

I paid $2.75 the other day. You can imagine the sticker shock when we make trips to California and they rent us a giant SUV because those are the only ones they have left with four wheel drive.

We have friends in Idaho. The husband wears jeans and sports a mustache. So I guess he doesn't make the barfle team cut.
My cousin lives in Idaho he's clean shaven def doesn't make the cut. lol

I nagged and nagged and nagged my parents for years to take me to Disneyland. Then when I lived in California, my home was only 7 miles from the park and I never went once. :ROFLMAO: For heaven's sake, I would only have had to make two turns to get there from the street that I lived on.

I did go to Disneyworld once, though.
I lived in Florida since 05 only been to Disney world once and with the price increases I would probably have to take out a loan to go.

I've lived in Florida since you could drive up A1A and not see a car for an hour or more. Now you can't see the ocean or the dunes for the damned condo's and hotels. First thing is they stick a sign on "their beach" saying off limits.
"old" Florida is all but gone. You could not know the beautiful places that existed once unless you grew up here. We have 8 or more generations in Florida now.

I've lived in Florida since you could drive up A1A and not see a car for an hour or more. Now you can't see the ocean or the dunes for the damned condo's and hotels. First thing is they stick a sign on "their beach" saying off limits.
"old" Florida is all but gone. You could not know the beautiful places that existed once unless you grew up here. We have 8 or more generations in Florida now.
It's still a beautiful place for us that like to take photos,but your right you have to look a little harder.

Attachments

• 45383194_10217131790751721_2449531908900519936_o.jpg
    45383194_10217131790751721_2449531908900519936_o.jpg
    500.9 KB
  • 48661.JPG
    48661.JPG
    790.8 KB
  • 547159_10200907475833988_1953316868_n.jpg
    547159_10200907475833988_1953316868_n.jpg
    99.9 KB
  • IMG_7034 12.JPG
    IMG_7034 12.JPG
    2.9 MB
View attachment 109961
Can you tell that I am a weather nerd? I didn’t know about closing interior doors b/c I don’t live in Florida.
Yes. The old lore was that if a tornado was spotted, to open the windows on the opposite side of the house. Which is of course total BS. The idea was to allegedly "equalize" the pressure in the home.

Back