Guess Which Rhino Quad Disc is Coming Out This Friday, Oct 25, 2024?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love the packaging! My dilemma is do I order now and risk the double tax fiasco or wait for Warner Music Canada. Purchase of a single item should be below the threshold for the collection of tax by Canada Customs but they seem to be picking on Rhino!

Oh man this is a hard one. Being that I have the AF release I do not need this surround version, however that box is so cool.
Do I double dip or do I continue to try restraint?
AliceCooper_MuscleOfLove_CD_halfscale.png

Ordered Muscle of Love with this same old code. CCGNWMX10 10% off for a total of $42.73. the 15% off code did not work. Still the 10% ($3.50) is better than nothing. I have the original LP and the Acoustic Sounds 4.0 Quad SACD. I hope this is worth it.
I ordered both the cd/BR and the vinyl using CCGNWMX10 but replaced the 10 with 15 and it worked.

When I started my QQ journey a year ago, I purchased the 2015, limited edition, numbered, SACD from a seller on Discogs. I couldn't live without it, so I forked over the $70--and was glad I did. Now, it seems to be Christmas in October and I did not hesitate to purchase the BLU-RAY OF THE ORIGINAL 192/24 RESOLUTION QUADRAPHONIC MIXES for $34.98 plus the discount code. This kid is big apple dreaming on a wooden floor. :smokin

Cool, but MAN I wish that Rhino would plan their releases better; I JUST ordered the new Quadios (paired with the Steve Martin box) to get free shipping THREE DAYS AGO!
Also was only able to apply 10% off of that order.
ARGH!
Will I still get the Alice set? Oh yes I will.
Rhino, just take my paycheck. Right now.
:D

That's true as well. They are all outtakes, demos or alternate mixes. Nothing truly new, and all in CD resolution. If you already have the AF SACD it's all meh. If you don't, this is a great opportunity to get what is probably the best version of the album.

EDIT: I also can't tell if there are high res stereo tracks on the bluray.
There are.

Oh man this is a hard one. Being that I have the AF release I do not need this surround version, however that box is so cool.
Do I double dip or do I continue to try restraint?
View attachment 110518
Well, if you already have the spectacular sounding AF version, Markie, then let the Muscle of LOVE be your BRAIN!
The Human Brain

The Human Brain

Attachments

• 1729880041249.png
    1729880041249.png
    408 bytes
  • 1729880245061.png
    1729880245061.png
    408 bytes
Last edited:
I decided to order MOL along with Dragonfly. After repeated listening, several songs were worthwhile enough I can justify getting it for quad mix.
Still a pass on the Geils & Foghat, the songs just don't appeal no matter how many times I listened. Sorry...not my kind of so-called hard rock.

Ordered placed this afternoon and the 15% code worked!

Back