Jeff Beck question

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Speaking of all Jeff Beck, his latest full release Jeff Beck/Johnny Depp-18 released 2022 as 24bit/48Khz stereo from HDTracks is really fantastic.

I have 34 discs Jeff Beck/Group and a few Blu Ray videos.
8 discs Beck, Bogert & Appice.
Fortunately we have a lot of Hi Res choices in stereo and surround.
Beck Ola needs Hi Res but for now CD TOCP-6318
Truth- Hard one, Stereo Hybrid SACD from MOFI and Audio Fidelity, also from HDTracks FLAC 24bit/96Khz. Depending on mood, rig, etc each of these three hit me different, but seems my go to has been the most recent 4/20/2021 MOFI.

I did not have the Stanley Clarke or The Yardbirds Roger The Engineer, but now ordered.

Speaking of all Jeff Beck, his latest full release Jeff Beck/Johnny Depp-18 released 2022 as 24bit/48Khz stereo from HDTracks is really fantastic.

I have 34 discs Jeff Beck/Group and a few Blu Ray videos.
8 discs Beck, Bogert & Appice.
Fortunately we have a lot of Hi Res choices in stereo and surround.
Beck Ola needs Hi Res but for now CD TOCP-6318
Truth- Hard one, Stereo Hybrid SACD from MOFI and Audio Fidelity, also from HDTracks FLAC 24bit/96Khz. Depending on mood, rig, etc each of these three hit me different, but seems my go to has been the most recent 4/20/2021 MOFI.

I did not have the Stanley Clarke or The Yardbirds Roger The Engineer, but now ordered.
The Stanley Clarke album is superb..enjoy

Listening now to the CD hard disc of Stanley Clarke, Journey To Love. 1975 EK 36974.
Track 2 Journey To Love, has Beck as guitar solo.
Track 3 Hello Jeff, has Beck in the 4 piece band.
Noted John McLaughlin tracks 4 & 5. Smokin' acoustic guitar.
Liner Notes from Stanley Clarke say " Thanks to L. Ron Hubbard for his never ending inspiration." I guess that means Stanley was a Scientologist?
Thanks for the tip, great CD.
I also got the Mono/Stereo of Roger The Engineer, another great one, but Jeff Beck's style certainly was in his infancy at that point. Great liner notes with Mono/Stereo separate notes.
R-21521842-1640736736-4953.jpg

61V+k5rLzWL._SL1200_.jpg

He was a Scientologist as was Chick Corea. I had heard he stepped back from Scientology in about 1990. And that was one of the reasons for the break up of Return To Forever.

I received and listening now to CD Stereo Japan Pastmasters TOCP 6318 released 1990.
Cosa Nostra Beck-Ola 7 tracks original. I purchased form Discogs at $14.00.

Below from Wikipedia.
(The album's title puns on the name of the Rock-Ola jukebox company.
The tag "Cosa Nostra", Italian for "Our Thing", is written beside "Beck-Ola" on the back cover to the original vinyl issue.)

I love exploring versions of what is the best, I had this LP, but of course I remember nothing about that.
I have now two versions the other being Beck Ola, SHM CD released Sept 26 2008. Does not have the Cosa Nostra tag. 11 tracks (extras)

My first listen was the new from Discogs seller, the 1990. Not ripped, hard disc.

After listening to both, back to back, the 2008 SHM CD (ripped) sounds like horrible mud, the piano is so dull! Really mind blowing, the difference. I am so glad I found this definitive 1990 CD Beck Ola.

Back