Jethro Tull's "War Child" CD/DVD Deluxe Edition with 5.1 Steven Wilson mix coming Nov. 24 (new 2024 repress)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You guys are killing me. I had not ordered this one yet...not sure why. I'm getting itchy finger syndrome.....

do it do it! :xp: you don't have any Tull do you? in preparing for its arrival..today i listened to Aqualung..TAAB..Benefit....all excellent imo... can't wait for this to be added to my Tull pile!

I'm listening to this now for the second time. Absolutely bloody brilliant! Its never been one of my favourite Tull albums for some reason, always seemed a bit straight for me, perhaps a bit poppy. But this new 5.1 mix is really improving it in my eyes. It may well be SW's best Tull mix to date. And what can you say about the overall package - stacks of extra tracks, many in surround, and the quality of the presentation book is just amazing. I now have a backlog of stuff to listen to and also to read!

I received my Warchild 40th Ann. edition and it is a thing of beauty.
The attention to detail and the content are simply awesome. It's really well-put together and I wouldn't have imagined just a couple of years ago such a beautiful reissue for this album.
It is of great value and highly recommended.
I wish every album I like would get this nice a treatment.

I always found the mixes of first half (and 'Two Fingers') a bit pointlessly busy, but SW's 5.1 mix vastly improves them by giving everything room to breath...and my favorite track The Third Hoorah sounds absolutely marvelous (as do the two 'hits', Skating Away , with its marvelous flowing bassline from Jeffrey, and Bungle).

Great job on the bonus tracks too (always thought Saturation was a weird hidden gem).

Highly recommended.

Burning Shed have announced a repress of Jethro Tull ‎– War Child (The 40th Anniversary Theatre Edition) https://burningshed.com/jethro-tull_warchild-theatre-edition_cd-dvd?filter_name=War Child 'Theatre Edition' &filter_sub_category=true priced at a reasonable £39.99 plus postage. Far better than paying £300+ on Discogs
Received my copy today from Burning Shed. Currently enjoying the quad mix. I've been wanting this one for years but not prepared to pay exorbitant prices for the original pressing.

Well. I'm loving the quad mix. I keep playing it at the moment. I've yet to try the 5.1 mix and extras. I am so glad this was repressed.

Back