HiRez Poll Jones, Howard - DREAM INTO ACTION [Blu-Ray Audio (Dolby Atmos)]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rate the BDA of Howard Jones - DREAM INTO ACTION

Votes: 0 0.0%

• 1: Terrible Content, Surround Mix, and Fidelity

• Total voters
It's also, to my ears, an alternate take. I was playing this song on the radio in 1986, and that's what I compare it to.
Not actually alternate - previous. It was from a year previously and as I have said before it is the version that belongs in this album - the single version has a very different production approach and sound and would have been difficult to fit into the overall picture here. I am sure it will appear on the next release as intended!
In other words - this is by no means an error - it is absolutely intentional!! SWTx

Last edited:
The Phil Collins/Hugh Padgham version of “No One Is To Blame” is the “alternate”. After listening to the ORIGINAL on “Dream Into Action” for a year, the re-recorded version was released as a single, and first on the “Action Replay” EP.

It wasn’t on the original LP of “One To One” (produced by Arif Mardin) either. Since it was a hit (and probably to help sell it) it was included as a CD bonus track when "One To One" came out 6 months after the "No One Is To Blame" single.

I’ve always preferred the original, personally, but that’s mostly because that’s the one I knew so well by the time the Collins/Padgham version came out.

Last edited:
Yes it was always the original version recorded with all the other songs at Farmyard Studios, produced by Rupert Hine and recorded and mixed by yours truly.

The Phil Collins/Hugh Padgham single version was recorded some time after Dream Into Action, and eventually appeared on the next album, One to One. I expect if a new version of that album is made then that version will appear there - as it should!!!

I would not have chosen to include it on this release, I wanted these to be the actual material presented by this team.

SWTx
If Howard decides to remix “One To One” do you think you’d be involved? Or are you interested only in the albums in which you were originally involved?

Another easy ‘10’ for me. Little for me to say here I didn’t say on my “Human’s Lib” review. seminal album for me. Changed my musical life, really.

And these new mixes are astounding. And the surround is perfect. Each track is so well thought out and executed. Pure artistry.

only quibble I have is I’m so familiar with the US LP version. So the running order is jarring. But at least they included the two US-only tracks at the end. (Although if it were me I’d have considered putting them somewhere inside the running order. maybe between the two original album sides) so that the album still ends with the ethereal “Hunger For The Flesh”.

But excellent from start to finish. A+++ Stephen!

Last edited:
Back