SPOTLIGHT Joni Mitchell The Asylum Albums (1972-1975) (Quadio Boxed Set)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can imagine a possible release of The Reprise Albums in surround sound form later if this set sells well. The Asylum Albums just made more sense first, because of all the quad mixes involved. Does The Reprise Albums feature Atmos mixes on streaming?
At the moment the only streaming atmos mixes are these 4 Asylum Albums, a collected release of all 4 (all the same mix, just with the box set cover art), and her recent live at Newport album. That being said, there’s nothing stopping more mixes from coming…

Last edited:
I’ve had many items ship from the Canadian site much earlier than the listed ship date so fingers crossed

My last set took approximately 7 weeks via Warner Music Canada!! Seven working days should be the norm from Mississauga Ontario.
Until they get their s%#t together !!, I will go Rhino USA.

It would be nice if the Buy Now bar on their website worked. Tried it with 2 different cards and Paypal and nada...
Update:
Their response was to order without the discount code
I was already using Chrome with an empty internet cache, etc
So if I want these, I must give up the 15% discount because their IT people can't make a functional ordering page.

Last edited:
What are the chances of no import duty or fees in the UK for this?
Luckily I've only ever had one import fees for the 20/30 times I've imported from USA (+ the Camel box set from.... Germany was it) & that was a Cymbal 20yrs ago, I put it down to living out in the country & lack of infrastructure.

Luckily I've only ever had one import fees for the 20/30 times I've imported from USA (+ the Camel box set from.... Germany was it) & that was a Cymbal 20yrs ago, I put it down to living out in the country & lack of infrastructure.
Here in Norway it's VAT and handling fee on everything, and I mean everything, but on the positive side they've lowered the fee from $15 to $5. :)
As the Atmos mixes is the only thing I care for I will listen through them on Apple Music to decide if it's worth buying this set.

Another reason to be optimistic... Just checked tracking to see if FedEx actually has my package (they do) and they list it as 9x9x4 inches. Have they been listening and dropped the cardboard sleeves? Or did I get a box because I ordered additional items?

Another reason to be optimistic... Just checked tracking to see if FedEx actually has my package (they do) and they list it as 9x9x4 inches. Have they been listening and dropped the cardboard sleeves? Or did I get a box because I ordered additional items?
Mine says the same dimensions. It's just the packaging.

I am hoping if these Joni boxsets do well maybe Asylum will give us a boxset of Quad Eagles albums. And dam you Rod Stewart let Warners/Rhino release Quad mix of "Atlantic Crossing" already. The only thing I don't like about this album is Rod took his wife's suggestion, Britt Ekland, to do a fast side and a slow side, I think album would have flowed better tracks mixed.
Yet the Fast Side/Slow Side thing worked great on the next two albums. Might just be weaker material?

So what's the deal?? A few of you lucky folks have gotten the box.

Is the Miles of Aisles a discrete mix or one of those 'audience in the back' mixes? Enquiring old guys need to know!!!
Yes California Connection, lets hear about it! Mine says "Shipped" yet still seems to be not received by DHL as yet.

This time, Rhino (Gnarlywood that is) chose to use FedEx. So far, so good. Says ETA of this Wednesday.
So long as they are not breaking up the discs into two or three separate packages before mailing some of them out - then you should be fine.

Last edited:
So long as they are not breaking up the discs into two or three separate packages before mailing sone of them out - then you should be fine.
Ironic you mention that. In my order, I have the Joni box and also a single vinyl. I did that to surpass the $100 mark. The vinyl & box set are 2 different shipments. I thought they may go the Amazon route and just get a big box and put both in. Nope. I'm sure the vinyl is in one of those vinyl shipping boxes (which is fine) and Joni in some smaller type box.

So what's the deal?? A few of you lucky folks have gotten the box.

Is the Miles of Aisles a discrete mix or one of those 'audience in the back' mixes? Enquiring old guys need to know!!!
I didn't listen with the best of my two setups, but it sure sounded like a lot of stuff other than the audience was coming out of the surrounds.

It's just hard to judge fairly in that room because the fronts are at ear level while unfortunately the only place the rears work are overhead.

Latest posts

Back