kempfand's Adobe Audition 3.0 SQ and QS Scripts

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh, I totally agree with you, you can see it in the Master Volume, on the "walls" of the "house" the phase issues compared to the overall volume on the meters...SQ IS a strange beast indeed..
I've gone back and looked and I can't work out what in your decodes you are referring to. Could you add some pointers to one and repost it please?

after all the new scripts have faled for me Ive tried _ Audition_3_Scripts_-_kempfand and they work for some reason, what I dont understand is

(d) Save As : I:\QS Data\LF Rs.wav

(e) Save As : I:\QS Data\Ls RF.wav

so can I use a Front and Rear duplicated file?

after all the new scripts have faled for me Ive tried _ Audition_3_Scripts_-_kempfand and they work for some reason, what I dont understand is

(d) Save As : I:\QS Data\LF Rs.wav

(e) Save As : I:\QS Data\Ls RF.wav

so can I use a Front and Rear duplicated file?

It’s been awhile since I’ve used the scripts. But one needs to separate the two “Stereo” files into four Mono files, because everything is now decoded. LF and RF go in the front channels and Ls and Rs are the Rear channels. You can convert the four Mono channels into FLAC or another MC format. If one has the right software, a DTS CD or DVD-Audio or Blu-ray disk could also be made.

One other quick note: make sure the script is right with the name of your hard drive. If your hard drive is “A” then change the script to that from “I” leaving the rest of the script the same. You will also have to go through the whole script to make changes to correct hard drive name. Because it goes back to the hard drive a few times to convert the files into Quad.

Hi all. I've been trying out a decoder on git hub. https://github.com/markmerz/ladspa-sq-sv
Does anyone have a link to the Quadrafile test tones? The one on a previous page no long works.
It looks pretty good. The only issue I have is there's a tiny +DC section at the beginning and end of any file I record.
I will have to test with different recording software to see if it goes away.

Here's how it goes with the test tones from. https://www.quadraphonic.info/SQandQS/
SQ_Tones.png
Here's how it went with with a sample of Pink Floyd vinyl vs the rears from the quad track bluray version.
money_rear.png

Last edited:
Back