King Crimson in 5.1?!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just checked the DGM web site, no listing for any DVD-A. C'mon!!! It's June already!!

Last edited:
See Neil Wilkes' post #253. June release would seem unlikely.

I suspect they're adding more bonus content, as well as re-mixing Lizard. But that's just a guess.

Will there be new 2.0 stereo mixes included in the series?

The new stereo mix of "Lizard" is going to be re-tweaked. Don't see a June date in the obvious future.
Trust me guys - as soon as I know the release date, I will tell everyone.
The reason things are getting delayed is not just because of the remix required for "Lizard 2009" either, there are other issues (cannot go into exactly what) as well.
All it means is that these really are going to be well worth the wait.
Not only are we getting these in 5.1 on DVDA, but the archive door has been not so much opened as kicked off it's hinges.....so the wait is worthwhile.

Again, a little more from Robert's diary, june 12th entry:

19.50 Arriving late at Wilson World HQ, 12.07, having got lost in the surrounding country lanes.

Our day: fine-tuning the remix of Lizard. Enough to drive even a hero to drink I…

II...

A further 5% of incremental advance was achieved by 16.54 – significant because the studio clock halted at this time yesterday when Steven fired up Lizard & collapsed Logic. It’s the Curse of Lizard!

Steven has now had a sufficiency of listening to his former-favourite Crimson album. On the other hand, I can listen to it for the first time since it was recorded.

Leaving c. 17.00 & now home. Hooray!

21.19 E-flurrying. To our distributor…

Lizard & ITCOTCK are both ready for me to go to Chagford with Simon.

Lizard is ace. It is now musical: re-mixed & some radical moves. The bolero is much the same with much better sound, through to the end. The songs that sucked have been unsucked. You might even really like lizard now!

ITCOTCK: you have two new versions -

the wilson - fripp 2009 remix
the wilson - fripp 2009 remix: abridged.

both will fit on 1 cd. the abridged is less 2.5 minutes from the moonchild imrpov, the edit we considered making but didn't, have considered since, and now have as probably the best version of the album currently available in any format @ c. 35-36 minutes.

overall, slight changes to the original that i don't think anyone would notice unless they were doing an A/B… it's not possible to exactly match the moves from 40 years ago, although the original is the template. we may have even improved on it, in addition to the sound.

Uh-oh. Fripp is one of those people that is never finished tweaking things, isn't he? OK, I'll plan on these for next decade... or the one after that.

Tom Schulz perhaps but not Robert Fripp. The Lizard chronicles is one thing but the other delays seem like other people and I don't mean SW.

Court will appear in October because that is a cherished date, not sure how all of the other will be deployed. If it takes 6 months or they all appear in the same week, I'm happy either way.

Tom Schulz perhaps but not Robert Fripp. The Lizard chronicles is one thing but the other delays seem like other people and I don't mean SW.

Court will appear in October because that is a cherished date, not sure how all of the other will be deployed. If it takes 6 months or they all appear in the same week, I'm happy either way.

Oh, that's not too bad, at least we'll get something this year. I don't watch this thread all that close, but it seems like every time I check in there is some delay.

At least we know something about what's going on, and that there is progress. Not like when I was waiting for the Genesis 1970-1975 box, left alone to Amazon pre-order cancels and fingernail biting. And it feels good to know that such perfectionists involved in the KC remasters are becoming happy with the result.

A little less moonchild impro sounds fine by me; I always thought there were some static moments there. I just hope it's the same ones. :)

As long as I get ITCOTCK in October, I am content. And then Red and Discipline. :banana:

The delays are a fact we just have to live with & I cannot go into details for obvious reasons.
The results are well worth the wait.
Lizard & Red will be the first 2, some time in September.
Then it will be Court in October with A.N. Other.
Then roughly every month or so there will be a further 2.
Good news? Oh Yes.
We don't know where the series is going to stop any more.............

Patience, my friends, patience.

who was it who sang 'When September comes' ?

cant come too soon not wishing to wish my life away !! but from the recent Fripp Diaries they look like being pretty good.

Quick Question Where does Steven Wilson find the time, though it looks like the propsed Porcupine Tree DVD seems to have gone AWOL for teh moment. I assume to fit in the New album (DVDA Neil ?) and the No-man DVD Plus i hear on the grapevine an IEM box set !!.

[QUOTE Plus i hear on the grapevine an IEM box set !!.[/QUOTE]

Yep, heard that too. Will be released as a 4 cd box set on the Tonefloat label by Charles Beterams. Nice, friendly guy by the way, loves good music and is doing quality relases all along.(y)

Quick Question Where does Steven Wilson find the time, though it looks like the propsed Porcupine Tree DVD seems to have gone AWOL for teh moment. I assume to fit in the New album (DVDA Neil ?) and the No-man DVD Plus i hear on the grapevine an IEM box set !!.

Perhaps there are Clones?

I just did some trickery with my tube amp and have been immersed in Lizard, Islands and Lark's tongues. I have the japanese paper sleeve editions and though I have no doubt the DVD-A will be superior, certainly with the surround mix, these CDs are MIGHTY fine sounding.

Perhaps there are Clones?

Perhaps, but I think maybe I've found the real answer - he time travels:

Took this snapshot off his website today, June 28th:
playlist.jpg

Back