King Crimson in 5.1?!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
and a box of the CotCK

(KCCBX 1 4CD/DVD-A Boxed set – Limited edition.)
Full details to be arranged.

Total BLISS! :banana:

I could live off of RED alone for a while. The extras are only dreamed of!

Prefer that they spread out the release dates to savor each one of these albums.

ELP are you listening? 2010 is your 40th, baby....

Waiting now has become such a subtle torture !!!

Plus they begin with two of the best records of all time !!!

It's very interesting to see that Red apparently didn't need a new stereo remaster, though it's only 5 years younger than ITCOTCK. I have to say, when listening to the 2004 (or so) of Red, I couldn't believe this was a trio recording in 1974 (great year. great great year. full of high achievements :p ).

I hope the whole KC will be released that way. I guess it's on the right tracks as the main issue was about the first album which eventually gets released.

It's very interesting to see that Red apparently didn't need a new stereo remaster, though it's only 5 years younger than ITCOTCK. .

I don't mean to be persnickety but certainly there was a stereo remaster for the hi rez stereo layer? Perhaps not remixed for stereo, though mixed for 5.1. The other two releases for sure have new stereo mixes based upon the diaries and release information. Should be great! Of these three releases I am looking forward to ....

Lizard the most. I think it will benefit the most from hi-rez re-mastering. I base this on the fact that Court was recorded in 1969 on far from state of the art equipment. The "sound" may not be there on the masters.

Lizard was a few years later and recorded in a better studio. The original transfers and later ones have not revealed the full potential of this recording, IMHO.

Surround mix should be VERY interesting.

:)

REd, Red, Red.....

I know there are many proponents of this album and not to diss you,

I just don't get it.

I can understand it though. I do see Red as somewhat visionary and futuristic.

Presages industrial music.

But I will listen to them all and look forward to them all.

My most anticipated releases will be Islands and Lark's Tongues

Most especially Lark's Tongues..
:banana:

I'm curious to see how much the ItCotCK box set is going to sell for. The only place I've seen selling Red right now is the Burning Shed store, which means higher shipping cost for those of us outside the UK (myself included). Hopefully the DGMLive site will carry everything as well. This is going to be an awesome year for surround!!!:phones

Found this announcement today posted on the NAIM (hifi) forum ...sounds very interesting! DVD-A Lives! (?)

To celebrate 40 years of the Crimson Kings, DGM & Panegyric proudly announce the release of a series of CD/DVD-A editions of the original King Crimson studio albums.

Each CD/DVD-A release features the full original album plus bonus tracks on the CD. Two of the titles – Lizard & In the Court of the Crimson King feature entirely new 2009 stereo album mixes by Steven Wilson & Robert Fripp.

The DVD-A presents each album fully remixed into stunning 5.1 Surround Sound with Steven Wilson (Porcupine Tree) in the producer role and King Crimson founder member Robert Fripp as executive producer.

The 5.1 mixes are accessible in full MLP lossless audio on DVD-A players & DTS 5.1 on standard DVD players/DVD Rom drives. Additionally, High Resolution stereo is also accessible on the DVD-A (24/96 DVD-A & 24/48 DVD/DVD Rom).

Selected DVD-A titles in the series will also feature era specific, rarely seen, King Crimson video footage. Each album is presented in a double Digipack, with booklet artwork featuring new sleeve notes by Robert Fripp and King Crimson biographer Sid Smith alongside archive material and photos, enclosed in an outer card slipcase.

The first three titles are set for release this year with further titles to follow throughout 2010:

Red - September 21st 2009
In the Court of the Crimson King - October 12th 2009 (various editions)
Lizard - October 26th 2009

Funny, but I love Red and just could never get my head around Islands. Probaly my least favorite. I guess just not enough Fripp guitar work in that one for my taste.

Rick

Incredible, it is finally happening... :banana:

Happy to see that BurningShed distributes in Europe. I've ordered there before, at fabulous price and fast delivery (y)

Burning Shed was £4:00 cheeper than Amazon when i checked yesterday. I had already ordered from BS as:
A) They very good customer service wise
B) They are very reasonable
C) Its run by artists for artists.

Burning Shed was £4:00 cheeper than Amazon when i checked yesterday. I had already ordered from BS as:
A) They very good customer service wise
B) They are very reasonable
C) Its run by artists for artists.

I like all those things. What I don't like is their dire warning about not purchasing insurance and then asking something like $10 to insure one disc to the US. I'm going to wait and see. If amazon's price comes down I'll order it there, otherwise I'll get it from BS.

Back