Listening to in Dolby Atmos Streaming, via Tidal/Apple/Amazon

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks! How's the mix (just the mix, not the song, don't want to open a can of worms)
Hmm. That probably opens a bigger can of worms. Sounds front centric, but does have atmospheric elements all round with occasional mobility elsewhere. Subtle due to the moody bluesy nature of the track.

Can anyone tell me if Money redux is in Atmos?. The new dark side will be released in October, but no Atmos in physical media:
Also in Tidal: https://tidal.com/browse/track/305674739

Atmos mix is Quad with "ambient". No center (No LFE). Main sound+vocal on Fronts.
Little echo/reverb of only music on sides, and much less on rears.
No sound at all on Tops (just an effect of about 5 seconds that goes completely unnoticed at 04:20)

Well I’m disappointed in you guys nobody excited about the full 17 tracks of Barbie now available?🫣
For the full Barbenheimer effect
1689941314253.png

It will take AI help. I found out recently that CSN used a single mic in the studio.

I got some decent stems from software, there's enough separation that it's not a fool's errand for an engineer with a budget.

Assuming you mean for their vocals. There are many videos where you can see the three of them standing around one mic singing. So if those can be separated it would be fabulous. But I'm sure they can still create good immersive mixes with their vocals in the fronts, for example, or from all sides, without messing with it at all.

EDIT: after posting I was thinking this can't be true. You can clearly hear their harmonies separated on the first CSN album. Try Helplessly Hoping, for example.

Last edited:
Listening to the new BLUR-The Ballad Of Darren-Atmos-Apple-Calif.
Weak Atmos and music is so/so.
I have the new hard disc coming from SDE, don't expect much of an improvement.
I had ordered the disc from SDE, but after listening to the two preview tracks on Apple Music, I cancelled. This has a real weak Atmos mix, not worth the money.

I had ordered the disc from SDE, but after listening to the two preview tracks on Apple Music, I cancelled. This has a real weak Atmos mix, not worth the money.

Mine is on the way, otherwise I'd have done the same. I'm actually enjoying the album a lot, but with such an underwhelming mix there's no point in having a physical disc. Maybe I'll return it.

Back